Kara DioGuardi -- Out at 'American Idol'

7/30/2010 12:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sources connected with the "American Idol" negotiations tell TMZ Kara DioGuardi has judged her last contestant on "American Idol" -- because she's been fired.

Kara DioGuardi
We're told the show will be going back to a three-judge format and assuming all deals are finalized, the judge's panel will consist of Randy Jackson, Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler.

We're told the only way Kara could get a reprieve is if the J-Lo deal falls apart -- but we're told that deal is done.

Ellen DeGeneres announced earlier Thursday that she was leaving the show after just one season.

0730_idol_launch

jess

Good riddance Kara! I have not been able to stomach her since day one! I think Jlo is a good addition, she will bring an essence of Paula back to the show. She is judging contestants not performing so whatever you may think of her music, I think she will be a good judge. She knows the business. She sings, acts, and was also a backup dancer for Janet Jackson so she knows what she is talking about.

bahhh

Guess the Bret Michaels deal did not pan out..? Crud..He woulda been better far than Tyler..I like Tyler and yes the man is a legend but seiously..? And doesnt JLo have anything better to do..?? lol..Guess not. Well.. if this is truly the direction the show is going I smell a cancellation imminent...

FromtheRight

Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez are soooo way before yesterday.

BallaBlocka

Oh damn, she was like the last Italian-American on primetime TV that wasn't a stereotype.

Originalkat

Finally! Never liked Kara and really 4 judges was a bad decision. Jennifer I am not sure will be very harsh on some. I just see her too much as the "sweet one" as Paula was. Steven Tyler? I can't stand to look at him. I just don't think I will be watching the show anyway this season because I enjoyed Simon and really he can't be replaced. I am glad Ellen got off of there because I could tell she was uncomfortable doing it. She is a sweet person and you can't change that.

Me

I just love the big fat zit, between her eyebrows.
It's a real beauty, just oozing to be discovered!

Truth

OBVIOUSLY, KARA WAS FIRED CAUSE THEY DIDNT RENEW HER 1YR CONTRACT ON A SERIES TO SERIES BASIS. ELLEN WAS GIVEN AN EXIT PACKAGE FACTORING SEVERANCE PAY FOR THE LAST YR OF HER CONTRACT TO LEAVE ASAP.

CJ

I could tolerate JLo way more than I could Jessica Simpson but Steven Tyler? Seriously? Brett Michaels would have been a way better choice. Steven Tyler can't stay on the wagon long enough to complete an Aerosmith tour.

Truth

AMERICAN IDOL IS DONE. CANT WAIT FOR SIMON COWELL AND XFACTOR USA. EVEN IF THE TALENT WILL BE LAME ASS AS HELL AND HAVE NO CHANCE OF SUCCESS IN 2DAY'S SUCKY PIRACY MUSIC INDUSTRY. JUST SAYIN.

Johnny Carcinoma

Good riddance to Ellen and Kara, two of the most annoying judges ever.

The show has jumped the shark if Tyler and JLo are really on board.

What a revolting development.

FruitSalad

The day , the Idol died. And she was signing , bye bye ...

carol

Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler??? It won't work. American Idol is done

electriczipper

didnt watch it anyways so no big deal

Jenny

YES !!I am so happy Kara is out.She's annoying and has no class ever since the "bikini" incident and writes horrible songs. On the replacement, are u serious ? JLO and Steven Tyler?
JLO will probably hogs the limelight with her butt and cokehead Steven is badly in need of some plastic surgery. ( sorry , just can't watch his face close up) What abt Janet Jackson or Bon jovi or Harry Connick Jr? Ok jessica isn't too bad either. maybe change is good. I'm getting bored with AI lately

moveover

Signing on NOW as a judge on this show is like joining the crew of the Titanic after it hit the iceberg. They're not joining a winner anymore. It's all downhill from this point. Not a good career move.