Steven Tyler's 'A.I.' Move

Won't Affect Aerosmith Tour

7/31/2010 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Steven Tyler will be crazy busy traveling the country if he becomes the next judge on "American Idol" -- but TMZ has learned the biggest show on TV won't get in the way of the rocker's concert tour.

Tour
Aerosmith is currently in the middle of a nationwide tour aptly named "Cocked, Locked, Ready to Rock!" -- and the tour is scheduled to roll through the end of September ... long after production begins on "Idol."

A rep for the band still won't confirm that Tyler is locked up for "Idol" -- but she did tell us that no matter what, "The Aerosmith tour will continue on for its full scheduled run with Steven Tyler."

The life of a rock star is never boring.

The King

AerosaulCheese began to suck immediately after they stopped doing drugs. american idol? why not, they're the epitomy of USA Suckdom, exactly where AerosaulCheese belongs. USAUSAUSA!!

cj

Steven Tyler looks like he's wearing the same shade of lipstick,Michael Jackson used to wear,not to mention Elizabeth Taylor.

Aerosmith Fan

I think Aerosmith has alot of good music. He must be pretty talented he's been in the business for years. AS FAR AS BEING ON IDOL ; HE probably would do a good job.Jlo not so sure.

Jillian

iF THIS WASHED UP SCARECROW GOES ON THE SHOW IT'S OVER FOR
AMERICAN IDOL.

Bob Bramlett

You are all wrong. try reading wikipedia. Firstly they are an amazing band. I saw them in 96 and loved every minute of it. They have had 9 #1 hits.
Van Halen holds the record for the most tracks to hit number-one on the Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks chart, with thirteen tracks. Tom Petty has the second most with ten tracks. Aerosmith has the third most with nine tracks.

Mike

I NEVER WATCHED AMERICAN IDOL, BUT WITH THE DEMON OF SCREAMIN' THERE I JUST MIGHT NOW!

Craig

Ick gag ick gag ick gad me with a spoon.

Robert

Why to women want to screw this guya. What the hell is it with these people.

Abby

Please for the love of all that is holy, do NOT put Steven Tyler as a judge. He is god awful to look at for any amount of time, and is going to kill the show. Please AI producers.. Pull the plug now while you can and let the show go out in style.

Mike

Abby, Mr. Tyler will be a great judge, I am so happy he is chosen one.

bmull

#37 Bob wrote: "Van Halen holds the record for the most tracks to hit number-one on the Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks chart, with thirteen tracks. Tom Petty has the second most with ten tracks."

Van Halen I'll agree was a good band. Petty is the second most overrated band of all time (after Aerosmith).

John

Why not pick a John Koladner or a Vicky Hamilton or me , I have 36 Years in the Biz, instead of has been musicians and comics? People with A and R experience and rotate STARS and keep Randy as is , they are ruining the show what T F do they have Munchhausen Syndrome or what?

Scatter

Hopefully if Steven judges AI it will bring a little rock to the competition instead of all the ****ty pop & R&B

noneya

I love Aerosmith, but I can't imagine that Steven Tyler could add anything to the panel except as the resident addict that everybody missed when Paula Abdul left.

ivana

"Cart man,
Uhhh....helloooo! Ever hear of Mick Jagger? He's older than Steven Tyler, but BOTH are still filling stadiums !!!
You one of the young ones whose idol is Eminem? (although I have to admit I'm liking A LOT of the stuff I'm hearing off of "Recovery") or Lady Gaga? Maybe Slipknot?
This guy and others have been around for DECADES!!!
And you want to know WHY they're still around? Because they love what they're doing, they're still having fun, and they're fans still LUV them. We WANT them out there!
These guys are legends, and are from the days where you had to have REAL talent to make it and stay in it. These groups out now have no staying power, most will be forgotten within 10 yrs. "

I totally agree with you!
Steven dont join to AI please!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments