MJ Death Mansion for Sale -- Fans Already Calling

8/4/2010 3:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Holmby Hills mansion where Michael Jackson overdosed on Propofol and died is back on the market for a cool $28 mil -- but the owners are asking for roughly $10 million less than they did before MJ kicked the bucket.

0804_mj_house_launch_EXD

The 17,171 square foot home on N. Carolwood Drive -- which includes 7 bedrooms, a 7-car garage, and 13 toilets -- was officially put up for sale on Monday ... with an asking price of $28,995,000.

Sources close to the estate tell TMZ that several MJ fans have already expressed interest -- possibly in an attempt to get a sneak peek inside -- but the owners have required all potential buyers to go through an "extensive pre-qualifying check" before they can even walk in the door.

Back in 2008, the property owner -- Ed Hardy CEO Hubert Guez -- tried selling the place for $38 million ... but when that didn't work out, he agreed to let MJ live in the home while he rehearsed for the "This Is It" tour.

According to RealEstalker.com, Guez had recently tried to rent out the property for $300,000 per month ... but ultimately decided he would try and get rid of it all together, with the discounted price tag.

So far, it's unclear if Guez is entertaining any serious offers.

Tellit

40. CORRECTION:

Did Hardy really charge Michael Jackson $100,000. a month to bunk there?....but still...really reasonable considering it had an asking price of 38mil back in 2008.

Michael Jacksons Last Dance

Posted at 1:12 PM on Aug 4, 2010 by Tellit
____________

"Did Hardy's CEO really charge Michael Jackson $100,000. a month to bunk there?....

iFart

"Kicked the bucket"? Wow, really respectful TMZ...bunch of *******s. I guess Harvey must be back. And MJ did not overdose himself, he was killed by an irresponsible "doctor" who should have known better. RIP sweet Michael.

hannahrose

Phantom of the Opera

Michael Jackson's beautiful heart.

Siggisiss

"Kicked the bucket".

No consideration to Michael´s KIDS, his MOTHER, his FAMILY! Michael wasn´t a commodity, he was a human being with grieving RELATIVES.

Totally uncalled for, moron who wrote this garbage.

scarlettnurse

To All of the people that responded to my comment, I am not a Michael Jackson hater!! I grew up listening to The Jackson 5 and Michael's music!! I love Michael Jackson and he was a great man, father, and there will NEVER BE ANOTHER MICHAEL JACKSON!! It is just the people who hated Michael and didn't understand him that upsets me!! I just wouldn't want to live where someone like Michael died!! I miss Michael and so does the rest of the world!!

Kathy

Really TMZ, Michael was a son,father and brother. Just once can you please show this poor man some respect? It's NOT funny at all to say that about another human being "kicking the bucket". I lost my brother 2 weeks ago and I assure you, if someone said that to me I would punch them in the face. Think about the family for once!

erin

What happened to all the rabid MJ fan on TMZ? Oh, I know,they moved on to defend Mel Gibson for a juicy pay.

Siggisiss

Posted at 1:52 PM on Aug 4, 2010 by Kathy

Sorry about your brother, Kathy.
TMZ is so disrespectful and rude. You have to wonder what kind of cold-hearted and emotionally handicapped people they are.

Jan

"Kicked the bucket"? Sounds like low class journalism to me.

moni

"Kicked the bucket"? Sounds like low class journalism to me.

Posted at 2:08 PM on Aug 4, 2010 by Jan

Sounds like NO journalism to me!

Luv-Lee

WHICH ONE OF YOU TMZ STAFF WROTE THIS S H I T?? WHY CAN'T YOU PEOPLE HAVE SOME F@CKING RESPECT??? HOW DO YOU KNOW MICHAEL'S CHILDREN AREN'T READING THIS?? NO CLASS HAVIN A S S H O L E S AT TMZ...

I excepct this kind of thing from the no-life-having-wack-jobs that come here day in and day out to spew hate, but to see it come from the TMZ staff really annoys me. It is not a "death mansion". It is the place where Michael and his CHILDREN were living. Also, think about someone that was close to you that passed away...Imagine if I came up to you and asked you how have you been since so and so KICKED THE BUCKET?!?

moni

I do believe the paramedics as well.
I'm no nurse and thus far away from any special medical knowledge or competence (janalal4, where are you!?). But I think "activating" some vital functions even a long time after a person has passed isn't anything unusual with all the medical High Tech a modern hospital has at its disposal. But: It's not "life" in the actual sense of the word what is re-activated then, it's just kind of a reflex, so the paramedics were right
Michael has most likely died at Holmby Hills, long before the paramedics arrived. Hopefully the trial will bring out the truth.

Kathy, so sorry for your loss from me as well.