« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Roger Huerta on Street Fight - 'I Got the Better of Him'

8/5/2010 2:01 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ just spoke with Roger Huerta -- the former UFC fighter involved in a bloody street fight in Texas this weekend -- who tells us he only got violent ... after the other guy swung at him.

080510_roger_huerta
In a phone conversation just moments ago, Huerta told us he tried to remain calm early Saturday morning when he watched some random "huge guy" punch a girl in the head in the middle of the street ... explaining, “I just don’t think that it's right to hit a woman.  Period.”

Huerta tells us, "I approached the man calmly and said, “Do you know what you just did?  You just knocked out this girl."

But Huerta claims the other guy responded, "F*ck you, f*ck these bitches, I'll knock out any f*ckin' bitch that I wanna f*ckin' knock out, I’ll knock your f*cking bitch ass out.”

Huerta added, "... and as he's saying this, he's taking off his shirt ... and at that point I was like, alright.'"

Huerta insists that he didn't throw the first punch -- and only reacted when the other guy "started swinging at me" ... and we all know what happened next.

"I got the better of him and I left," Huerta said.

The 27-year-old explained, "If that was my mom, if that was my sister, my spouse, anyone … I would’ve wanted someone to step in and do something about it.”

0805_huerta_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Janelle

I leased an apartment to Rogers in Austin and he was the nicest most down to earth guy. You would never know that he was a UFC fighter. I am not suprised that he did this and I am so proud to say I know him.

shelley

IF she did something..he chose street justice to solve it. He deserved the street justice he got back when Roger handed him is beating!

I'm proud of Roger for stepping up and doing something and all the guys there should have done ((clapping..standing ovation))

Rick

I don't think its right to hit women. But I find it hilarious how some people keep saying, "what if it was your mother or your sister or your wife?", etc. If my loved one carried herself in such low-life fashion as some of these women that would be more at issue with me than this BS. But I guess its all "normal" to some folks. They were probably raised with mothers and family members like this so can't see the idiocy in it.

Rick

+1 for Roger
-1.5 for dumb ass girl beater
0 or unknown for girl who turned her back on girl beater
+0.5 for Roger's friend calling for Roger to stop
-10.0 for nobody else steeping in to help

Truth

TALK ABOUT EFFING DOUBLE STANDARDS. WSHH HAD A VID OF A BLACK GIRL SUCKER PUNCHING ANOTHER BLACK GIRL AS SHE WALKS OUT THE STORE. BITCH GOT SMACKED AND LANDED FLAT ON THE PAVEMENT JUST LIKE CHIC IN THE HUERTA VID. NO ONE CAME AROUND AND FELT IT WAS RIGHT TO BITCH SLAP THE GIRL WHO STARTED IT. THEY JUST FOUGHT IT OUT AND WERE SURROUNDED BY LIKE 10 BLACK DUDES WHO DID NOTHING. FINALLY A HUGE BLACK WOMAN PULLED THEM APART. HUERTA IS A DOUCHE BAG. SENDS THE WRONG MESSAGE. BASICALLY SAYING ANY1 SHUD HAVE THE RIGHT TO SMACK SOMEONE JUST BECAUSE THEY DID SOMETHING CRIMINALLY WRONG. AND THE FACT HE'S A TRAINED FIGHTER HE SHUD KNOW HE'S LEGALLY AND CRIMINALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY **** HE STARTS. THE TAPE IS PROOF. HE YELLED AT THE GUY FOR STARTING THE FIGHT AND CHASED AFTER HIM. DUDE SHUD BE INDICTED FOR FELONY ASSAULT IF NOT ATTEMPTED MURDER. SUE THE IDIOT!!!!!!

TXGURL

Whooo hooo I live in Austin and have to atest there are some dumb macho guys here that act sooo stupid out on 6th street. And anyone that hits a women in my book deserves a beat down like this!! And people said he took it too far...I say keep stompin teach him never to hit a girl again!! I bet he woke up like WTF happened, and wished he didn't step to this short guy who turns out to be a UFC fighter...ahhh what could be better!

Mike Powell

Roger Huerta is cooler than me

4Justice

You are a HERO in every way! I love to hear a REAL man, strong, powerful and knowledgeable and respectful of himself to know that a MAN NEVER needs to hit a woman! and I love that you are a great teacher as well! :) Great Method of teaching- is there any pics of the other guy?

RyogaVee

The only time its ok for a man to hit a women in a street fight is if she mans up to you. The alls fair. But that chick was either not paying attention or retreating.

divine

Roger, I love you.. you are chivalrous, manly, and hot.
You rock... thank you for standing up to bullies who hurt women.

Sunny

Thank you, Roger. Careful with those weapons on your arms :) I think you should have let the girl he hit get the opportunity to club him too.

EARL

OBVIOUSLY THE GUY WATCHES THE WRONG SPORT. NO ONE SHOULD EVER BE SUCKER PUNCHED FROM BEHIND, ESPECIALLY A GIRL, THATS JUST CHICKEN****. HE GOT WHAT HE HAD COMING. PRO FIGHTERS SHOULD NEVER STREET FIGHT, HOWEVER, NO MALE SHOULD STAND AROUND AND WATCH A GIRL GET HIT FROM BEHIND, IF YOU DO YOU MIGHT AS WELL JOIN HER.

kaela

You rock Roger! I am now a brand new fan!!!!! Thanks for stepping up! I am glad it was just a regular fight and the best man won. No guns, no worries.......!

Universal

This thread is filled with some of the dumbest people the U.S. has to offer. Truly amazing to read some of these opinions.

Universal

This thread is filled with some of the dumbest this country has to offer. Truly amazing.