Fantasia:

I Am 'Not Responsible'

For Divorce

8/9/2010 5:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Fantasia Barrino says she is "not responsible" for breaking up a marriage ... despite allegations from a North Carolina woman named Paula Cook who claims Fantasia made sex tapes with her husband.

0809_fantasia_EX_getty
Fantasia's manager, Brian Dickens, just released a statement saying the former "American Idol" champ is "certain that she is not responsible for the deterioration of the Cook's marriage."

The statement goes on to say, "Fantasia will weather this storm with the dignity and grace that she has exemplified throughout a life in which she has repeatedly overcome obstacles and challenges. Fantasia's faith in God, herself and family remain as strong as ever."

As we previously reported, Paula Cook just filed for divorce from her husband Antwaun. In the court docs, Paula accused the guy of having a "covert adulterous affair" with Barrino ... and believes they "recorded their illicit activity."

UPDATE: Fantasia's lawyer, Gena Morris, is officially on the attack -- telling TMZ, "Mrs. Cook gratuitously included claims about Fantasia to sensationalize that litigation and to insure that her tale would be picked up by tabloids."

Morris added, "The fact that she would seek such publicity in a case involving her children is particularly disgraceful.”

0709_split_footer

Gsharon 710

Sick people have no need of a hospital or Doctor. People who seek thing wrongly are sick and need spiritual healing, which God easily forgives when asked.

Fantasia does not have to admit to anything. I have not read anywhere, where Fan admitted to being with this man. If they go to court they will have to have evidence of the affair and walking hand in hand is not proof, a tat is no evidence, now if those tapes exist, well that's a different story.

How did the wife know about these tapes and was sure enough about them to place it in legal papers?

If the husband told the wife, then I see the Cook family as setting Fan up.

We all have been goo goo over a person we adored before. Fan is no different.

If Mrs. Cook is as educated as has been stated in another post, she should have been intelligent enough to know if the media is informed of these tapes, the opinions of people around the world will not be good for the children concerning their Father.

Sure she hurt, but she would have to be the one publically dishing dirt.

In most cases, the children and their feelings are ignored while the adults play dodge ball.

vense

If you knowingly had SEX with a MARRIED MAN then take all the BS that comes with it not matter how good or BAD the marriage was HE legally WAS STILL MARRIED end of discussion & You was the one who had sex with him now you DO NEED your FAITH in GOD explained back to you because you are in the wrong!!!

Areader

Fantasia has been openly dating Cook for sometime, they started dating long after his divorce was already pending. His soon to be ex-wife is looking for her 15 minutes of fame.

karis

I'm a wife who got left for a persistent and very selfish woman who my husband met AT CHURCH! I'm not ugly, I am an incredible mom of 5 kids,one of whom we adopted together, and I did everything I could think of to save my marriage. So....to Fantasia, and all of the other women out there eying a good father/husband, telling your friends how great a husband "so-and-so" is, then bringing them Starbucks and arranging for private "run-ins", dropping off cookies when these wives are out of town taking care of sick parents....you will get yours one day!

There is forgiveness from God...but the Word also says, in Psalms 25:1-3 "LORD, I turn my hope to You. My God, I trust in You. Do not let me be disgraced; do not let my enemies gloat over me. Not one person who waits for You will be disgraced but those who act treacherously without cause will be disgraced."
Paula isn't the one who gave the ammo to be used in the divorce. How dare the lawyer call her out...she was only passing on what THEY did!
Praying for them...Paula and all the children involved.

truth hurts

Sluts get your own man...Alicia Keys and Fantasia are gross...Get it together women!

Soc80

If Mrs. Cook could keep her man happy, then this wouldn't have happened. The women always blame the other woman when they should be blaming the man. He could have told her he wasn't married and so on. Monogomy is over rated anyway.

Soc80

Ultimately, the other woman is NOT responsible. The two timing man is responsible. I've dated married guys both knowingly and unknowingly. The knowingly were in open relationships (meaning that they did not practice a monogomous relationship) and unknowing because they didnt say they were married. Oh well.

hello

Just goes to show that you can take the hoe out of the ghetto, but can't take the ghetto out of the hoe.
I wonder if her boy toy has to have a bag over his head and one over hers in case his breaks, to sleep with her.

Majestik

WillOtheWisp.

You don't use God in ANY context when you are ****ing a married man, end of story. Like she's innocent of having no contact of this married loser. Bite me!!

HumanNature

Why not bash and curse the HUSBAND!!!

HE KNEW THAT HE WAS MARRIED!!!

THE HUSBAND DID NOT HONOR HIS MARRIAGE COMMITMENT!!!

THE HUSBAND IS AT FAULT, BIG TIME!!

3Storms

I noticed in her claim of not being responsible that she is not dfenying being a homewrecker who screwed a married man.

She did it, and is being self-righteous about her reasoning.

Kerry

Not so great a role model Fantasia.....baby our of wedlock and now home wrecker......people want to believe in you because you were always the underdog......you have taken your fan's belief in you away.

Diasamax

The attorney should not use words the client cannot spell! Fantasia can sing, but she is not the sharpest tool in the shed. That is the chance you take when you don't have the sense to get your own man. If she was a real Christian she would not have gotten involved with him in the first place because she would have respected the martial vows he took with his wife.

DD

Also...where are the complaints about the doggish husband? Believe you me I know what it's like to deal with trashy women, but we keep letting men off the hook. I hope Fantasia sues the both of them and challenges that backwards law that allows the other woman to be trashed, but does nothing to deal with the whorish husband.

DD

I will never support adultery. Fantasia is wrong, still naive about men and stupid. I think that when all of you constantly call her ugly, it's easy to see why she stupidly falls for guys who says she's cute. It's clear Fantasia has very low self-esteem, but I'm wondering to things: Did you guys express this anger towards Alicia Keys, same situation. Two, do we assume we have the whole story? What if this is a set up? What if the wife and the hubby set her up to get the money? Didn't the same thing happen to Usher?