'Apprentice' Star Accused of Choking Out His Wife

8/13/2010 8:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

One of the contestants vying for a job with Donald Trump on the upcoming season of "The Apprentice" has a history of going for the jugular -- in fact, back in May the guy was arrested for allegedly strangling his wife.

0812_folkes_mugshot_EX_Tmz_2

According to legal docs, obtained by TMZ, Genesiac Folkes -- who you might recognize from the new "Apprentice" promos on NBC -- was busted on May 5th in Wylie, Texas ... and charged with felony assault.

His wife Cherice filed for a restraining order a short time later -- claiming Genesiac also showed up to her workplace, took her car, and emptied her bank account.

No word on what sparked the alleged outburst -- but stay tuned ... Trump's reality star is due back in court on September 2.

Attempts to reach Genesiac for comment were unsuccessful -- but it's worth noting ... less than a week after the May incident, the guy filed for divorce.

Blue Lake

Don't they do psychological screening of these people? Leave it to Trump to find an even worse woman hater than he is. Creep.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

your hired.....

nanunanu

Not a good week for black reality stars

Guest

This man is so stupid! He rather risk his self being in jail due to choking his wife, instead of being smart, and that is just getting a divorce, solve the problems in court, then moving on after the divorce is finalize. Crazy!

Kev the Realist

Great, So now Trump ( aka Chief Media Whore with a very unrealistic show The Apprentice) does little or no background checks and is going to tout this guy as down on his luck. What he really is doing is yet again someone who does not take a seriously hard stance against domestic violence, no wonder it is so pervasive. Save the platitudes and don't give me that righteous crap about everyone deserves a second chance, crap.. He did'nt go out and pick on a man, he allegedly choked out his wife. COWARD...

guest

Wow - whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? Do you know if his wife is telling the truth? Do you have any idea how many false reports are filed by people? It is a tactic used often - especially if the person is in the public eye. It is awful and diminishes the plight of women who actually are abused. In addition, filing for divorce seems like an appropriate response to a false allegation that you tried to choke someone. I have no idea which of these people is telling the truth, but at least recognize that there is always another side.

gossipgirl86

What the hell is wrong with these reality stars!!??

*78

Why can't these stupid reality shows do a simple background check on their contestants? First we have the guy who murdered his girlfriend in California, and now we have this guy who tried to. But they are put forward as icons for us common people. I wonder if this guy won the money, just like the last murderer did?

Tammy

Well, since it's a FACT that HE filed for divorce after SHE ALLEGDED he choked her, I'm currently siding with him. The only advice I can give him is this: Get the divorce finalized BEFORE you sign on to the apprentice, so any money generated from that is AFTER the divorce and yours only. I am at my wit's end with women making false allegations!!!

Carl

For a minute I thought that was Michael Dorn (the second picture looks a lot like how he looks now)!

anonymous

TO EVERYONE WITH THEIR LITTLE COMMENTS , I KNOW THE LADY PERSONALLY . & HE IS A EVIL BASTARD . HE WAS ABUSIVE THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE MARRIAGE & CHEATED . HE DESERVES WHATEVER HE GETS . DONT COMMENT ON SOMETHING YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT .

NatTurner

If Charlie Sheen is able to abuse his wife, holding a knife to her neck and continue to make 2 million per episode on his sitcom, this guy can surely appear on the Apprentice for alledgedly choking his soon to be ex wife. C'mon, who are we kidding?

Billybear3

He filed for divorce because she lied. If he choked her why didn't she file. She's still asking why is he leaving. Been there done that. I asked my ex for a divorce and 2 hours later the cops are at my house pointing guns at me and telling me she called in an assult with a weapon. Liar, liar.

anonymous

OH, MY MOM IS LYING?
YOU GUYS DONT KNOW **** ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED IN THAT HOUSE AND ALL THE HELL WE BEEN THROUGH BECAUSE OF HIM AND HIS ABUSE THAT NOT ONLY MY MOTHER, I AND MY BROTHERS PERSONALLY EXPERIENCED. HOW WOULD YOU FEEL TO BE BEAT BY HIM JUST BECAUSE HE WAS ANGRY. GOING TO SCHOOL WITH A BUSTED LIP, BEING CHOKED EARLY IN THE MORNING OR CRYING DAY BY DAY WANTING TO COMMENT SUICIDE BECAUSE YOU WERE BEAT FOR NO APPERANT REASON. YES HE DID STEAL MY MOMS INCOME, CAR AND EVERYTHING ELSE. SO IF I WERE YOU GUYS I WOULD GET MY FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE "TRYING" TO BE ON HIS SIDE, AND MAKE UP EXCUSES FOR HIM. I KNOW THE TRUTH, MY BROTHERS KNOW THE TRUTH, AND MY MOTHER TOO.

anonymous

Oh and this is to: Billybear3

YOU WANT TO KNOW HOW HE FILED FOR DIVORCE FIRST. BECAUSE RIGHT AFTER HER GOT OUT OF JAIL FOR ASSULTING MY MOM, HE GOT INTO HER BANK ACCOUNT CLEANED IT OUT WHILE MY MOM WAS AT WORK AND FILED FOR DIVORCE WITH "HER" MONEY BECAUSE HE KNEW SHE WAS ALREADY GOING TO DO IT. HE MAY BE EVIL BUT ISNT STUPID IN THAT WAY. ALL HE WAS TRYING TO DO WAS RUIN MY OUR LIFE AND TRY TO MAKE HIM LOOK GOOD.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments