JetBlue: Shame on Steven, No Matter What

8/12/2010 8:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The passenger who allegedly beaned JetBlue flight attendant Steven Slater may have been a malicious, arrogant bitch, but Steven was still in the wrong ... this according to an internal airline memo obtained by TMZ.

JetBlue Steve Slater
As TMZ first reported, Slater is telling people the passenger "maliciously" struck him in the head by yanking on the overhead bin, cutting his head.

But, according to the JetBlue email, " ... if Mr. Slater’s story proves to be accurate, and even if there was a precipitating event that motivated his behavior, that still doesn’t excuse his actions."

The memo goes on, "There is no excuse for endangering Crewmembers and Customers in response to a challenging service situation. Intentionally arming and deploying an evacuation slide for anything other than the express purpose of protecting the safety of our Crew and Customers is unacceptable."

The memo adds, "Slides can be as dangerous as a gun ... It is an insult to all aviation professionals to have this particular element of the story treated without the seriousness it deserves."

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

sharon

Apparently , all is not what it seems to be.
This women HAS been questioned already and NO wrong doing on her part has been found.

MANY of the other passengers on that flight are saying it was the Stewardess Steve who just acting like a Prick (and MAYBE a little drunk when he got on aboard)

This is going to end up being a publicity stunt !

Think.......

"Balloon Boy "...but MUCH more dangerous to innocent people !

Posted at 8:00 AM on Aug 13, 2010 by J Doe

***********************************************************

So she has been questioned ..... Didn't see your post before i posted. Must suck for the followers who gave him that " hero " status before waiting for the facts.....LOL

mark

methinks that drama-boy was a lil drunk that day

and come on people ... do da math

see what I mean?

still boys are not good taking care of the passengers.. girls are much better in that. They are soft, warm, understanding, smiling and moving with grace and elegance. boys attending are rude, disgusting.

time to put an end to this nonsense: I wanna see only pretty girls taking care of me when I fly. NO boys, girls!

enough is enough now. that job is not for straight boys.

J Doe

" enough is enough now. that job is not for straight boys."

Ahmmmm, Mark, I think you're safe there....I mean, how many

Straight boy flight attendants could there possibly be on the

planet ?

;-)

Le Singe

I've always wanted to slide down one of those slides.
Blog post for my thoughts on this whole mess http://monkeybusiness1.wordpress.com/2010/08/13/flight-attendant-steven-slater/

Jesse

@ 6:54
Ah no, "Jesse"....what it says is that this JERK could not control his emotions.
It's not like he's the FIRST airline employee to be abused by a passenger....he's just the FIRST one to do something as moronic as he did.
MOST airline employees act lie PROFESSINALS !

This FREAK is just trying to get a "reality" T.V. show, that low I.Q. fools like you would end up watching !

(BTW: I'm in my 20's.....you don't have to be an "old goat" to know right from wrong and conduct yourself accordingly..there are MANY airline employees in their 20's who don't act like fools and endanger people lives...just like there are people in their 20's who run INTO burning buildings to save a total stranger's life !....Sound like YOU have some growing up to do!)
****************************************************************
So are you saying that it was ok for this lady to curse and hit this working man in the head? Then your saying he shouldn't have gotten upset? So you support abusing people in the customer service field just because you can? I blieve in this world you treat people with respect and if you don't beware the consequences. You obviously have a lot to learn .. typical 20 year old. You have no idea what this guys had to endure while dealing with people like you.

jusathot

I knew that once people found out he was gay, the hero-worshiping would end. Now we're talking hissy fit. If he were a black man, the police would be waiting to for him with their guns drawn, and a cage to place him in.

Black people are still being portrayed as savages. We do not get to have any outbursts of anger like white folks.

Pete

You know what? I feel bad for this guy. I think he had a lot on his mind, was stressed over personal things and to be honest, I truly feel bad for him. God bless him and his family.

Kay Shanks

This "guy" threw a bitch fit - flaming!!

FrequentFlyer

I think we all secretly wish we could walk off the job a la Steven. I'm not condoning his actions -- but the media are by giving it so much coverage. And it sounds like he will probably GET PAID for his antics given the offers for the story, reality TV shows, etc.....
I think he deserved the punishment, but the passenger should be arrested as well for her actions which could have compromised the safety of other passengers as well. What if the plane had to stop suddenly? The open bin would have spilled contents onto other passengers.

KAH1980

Ok, I thought something was weird about this story from the start, now I'm glad to see the media is finally getting some more info out to the public. How can you guys call him a hero? Heroes don't typically run away from problems, nor do they get on loudspeakers shouting profanity when I can guarantee there was at least one minor on that plane that was exposed to his tirade. Sorry, but he really showed what he was made of, and if the airline - or any airline - hires him, I'll be sure to book my flights on a competitor so I don't have the off chance of having him as a steward.

JDoe

@ Jesse/ 9:01 AM

@ 6:54
MOST airline employees act like PROFESSINALS !

****************************************************************
So are you saying that it was ok for this lady to curse and hit this working man in the head? Then your saying he shouldn't have gotten upset? So you support abusing people in the customer service field just because you can? I believe in this world you treat people with respect and if you don't beware the consequences. You obviously have a lot to learn .. typical 20 year old. You have no idea what this guys had to endure while dealing with people like you.

Posted at 9:01 AM on Aug 13, 2010 by Jesse
_______________________________________________________________

Ahmmmm....Jesse, I did not say I was 20 years old....I said I was IN my 20's...I'm 29 and have been practicing law for 4 years now....so I'm not exactly a "typical 20 year old"...When I was 20, I was in my 3rd year of college.

You know NOTHING about how the law works.
There is a MASSIVE difference between "verbally assaulting" someone and ENDANGERING the lives of people on the plane and on the ground and costing the airline thousands of dollars and BREAKING FEDERAL LAWS !
And almost EVERYONE who witnessed this PRICK stewardess said HE was the verbally abusive one and many believe he had the TINY Boo Boo BEFORE the confrontation with the female passenger.

My guess is that you're gay also, (which I could care less about) and you're being HYPER SENSTIVE and you will defend this JERK no matter what comes out of all this....ONLY because he's gay and you feel the need to defend "one of your own" ...instead of ADMITTING what this PRICK did was UNBELIEVABLY in the wrong.

This JERK should have done was called ahead to have the Air Marshall come aboard and detain the unruly passenger ! Not break FEDERAL FAA LAWS !

THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR RELEASING THE EMERGENCY SLIDE AND PUTTING THE IN FLIGHT AND GROUND CREW INTO EMERGENCY MODE !

But again, we all know this is about a PUBLICITY STUNT to get Reality T.V. show !

This is

BALLOON BOY ~ Part Deux !

I may only be 29, but you are extremely immature to defend this fool and encourage others to take the law into their own hands and break the law and endanger innocent people...VERY IMMATURE, indeed !
It is people like YOU who think YOU are ABOVE the law, that are destroying the U.S.
Grow the F up, honey ! (Thought I'd come down to your level for a moment)

J Doe

@ Jesse/ 9:01 AM

@ 6:54
MOST airline employees act like PROFESSINALS !

****************************************************************

Posted at 9:01 AM on Aug 13, 2010 by Jesse
_______________________________________________________________

You know NOTHING about how the law works.

What this JERK should have done was called ahead to have the Air Marshall come aboard and detain the unruly passenger ! Not break FEDERAL FAA LAWS !

This is

BALLOON BOY ~ Part Deux !

Grow the F up, honey ! (Thought I'd come down to your level for a moment)

JDoe

And to "justahot" # 114

There was NO RACE CARD being player here...ANYWHERE...until YOU went out and brought one in and played it

The Race Card is SOOOOOOO 1980 !

NO ONE gives a SH*IT if you're black !

GET OVER YOURSELF ! AND STOP LOOKING FOR EXCUSES FOR BAD BEHAVIOR !

The reason this PRICK is no longer being called a Hero is because the TRUTH is coming out....that's it ! But now the gays are going to play the GAY CARD !

Sorry, but the gays are the new blacks...it's their turn to play the VICTUM CARD for the next 20 or 30 YEARS !

Princess

The woman should be arrested for assault, yes flight attendents are trained to deal with such issues but they should not have to deal with physical abuse from anyone the cut on his head was bad.They can find out who this passenger was they have a listing of everyone on the flight with names and seat numbers Jet Blue needs to save face and deal with this woman who assaulted one of their employees!!!!

keegano

when this gets checked into more you will find that the cut on his head was there at the beginning of the flight. do you really want this cupcake of a wuss around when the ******* hits the fan on a real crisis on a passenger flight. i'm sure he and other co workers have taken crap , well so have i . you just don't pull the emergency on the chute because your feelings got hurt !!!!! do you know how much force that chute deploys at ??? it will knock you out flat , this pansey does not belong on any plane , hero , yeah right get real you ***********s !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8