Steven Slater Hires Hollywood PR Honcho

8/16/2010 2:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Steven Slater has officially gone Hollywood -- he's hired one of the biggest PR mavens in town to rep him.

0816_Steven_Slater_Howard_Bragman_ex

Slater has hired Howard Bragman -- the crisis PR specialist who has repped Isaiah Washington, Chaz Bono and Oksana Grigorieva (before dumping her after a day).

Bragman released a statement that reads, "I can officially confirm that I am now representing Steven Slater. While my work will include media relations, my team at Fifteen Minutes and I will also be helping him sort out the scores of offers that have come through in the past week from media, producers, brands and other interested parties. I very much believe that Steven touched a nerve with the American people and am proud to be helping him tell his story at the appropriate time in the appropriate way."

But what if Slater's story about the JetBlue passenger is bogus?  We're guessing he'll get a lot less than 15 minutes.

tgrfan42069

lmao this guy quits his jobe yet now he has a hollywood pr rep..dang you would think the guy cured cancer all he did is quit his job.im sick of hearing about this loser

Texasgirl

That guy is so creepy looking. As far as people thinking he is a hero...what a bunch of crap. I worked as a customer service rep for 25 years, I dealt with many idiots....BUT....I considered myself a professional who would not stoop to the occasional idiot customers level. He is way past gay!

Shay

Wow, what a loser. Honestly, who gives a flying F about this ugly-@$$ed jerk? He ought to be prosecuted for what he did. Nothing interesting about him at all. NOTHING.

Jenn

Steven Slater is supposedly moving to Florida! You heard it here first:

who dat

Bragman is a nobody. I wouldn't take his advice if he provided it for free.

ama

That's funny I just wrote in another comment that his 15 mins of fame should be over and this guy's company is called 15 minutes. Well at least they know what they are! LOL

twilightmom

Haha..
They're at a Barry Manillow concert? Wow. Some fun there! Whee!!

greg

Can Steve Slater Get More Friends Than Barack Obama?

Yes STEVE Can!!!

yuckmouth

WHAT A LOSER,big ass drama queen.
He did not handle the situation correctly.
He should of had the pilot fly back up in the air at 20,000 feet and then go down the slide.

Maria

I don't know why anyone would consider this guy a hero in the first place.
He was unprofessional at his job. And acted a bit nutty.

tessa

another reason to blow up the TV . . .

Jo

Until you've worked with the public you can't imagine what people in his position and cust. serv reps go through with the public. People are rude and disrespectful. He just had the nerve to say what he felt.... woooray!!!!!

Mee

Tell his story?

We saw his story no need to tell us anything, Thank you Mr S.

Steve used the plane as "HIS PRIVATE PLAYGROUND WITH A BIG LONG SLIDE TO POP OUT OF"

HOW FULL OF HIMSELF IS HE