Billy Mays -- What a Piece ... of Art

8/19/2010 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Billy Mays -- the late great pitchman -- will be selling again tonight, but this time it's images of Billy himself that will be raking in the cash.

0819-billy-mays-art-launch-ex

Billy's "Pitchmen" hosting successor Anthony Sullivan is throwing a party for tonight's premiere episode in Tampa, FL -- and the bash will feature an auction of Billy-inspired works of art.

We're told several of the art pieces were created by crew members from the show, including Anthony. Proceeds from the silent auction will benefit Focus on Renewal -- a community charity selected by Billy's son.

Besides fine art, the 500 guests also get to watch the premiere, sip on Pitchmopolitans (no joke) ... and, of course, get a cool giveaway -- the Fridge Locker, an invention featured on the new season.

Kaboom!

Barfed

That crap is louder than Billy May's voice.

Hammer

Is that painted on bricks of coke?

OMG!

TMZ forgot to mention my friends band who is playing tonight at the premier (and who kick ass btw) Meet Me @ The Pub.. a great ska/reggae band!

Check Advance

This is great. I love all this information. Thanks so much for sharing!

Carl

What do you mean Anthony Sullivan is Billy Mays' successor as host of Pitchmen? They co-hosted the first season of the show. It isn't like they brought in out of the blue.

Sheila

He was a loud-mouthed drug addict, and why do we care????

captain crunch

I am VERY closely involved with these people, the show, studio, etc...and let me be the first to say that Sully is a ****. A **** with no balls.

Chris

Billy Mays was a great influence on many people. He lived a positive life, made a positive living, and raised a great family. I am sure he is proud of his son, and I am sad for their family. It was terribly sad to see him say "My dad was my bestfriend" on the "as seen on television" cnn show. It was the truth. I live in Seminole Florida, right by Clearwater and Pinellas, near Tampa. They were great locals. His son was always hanging with his dad off-set. Hopefully he now can run the same spot his father was in, even pitching possibly. I hope he has a good future and a strong career, as my life is difficult at 21 going to college with no career as of yet (jobs I always can get are garbage) and difficult / uncertainity on my future. I get extremely depressed. It's good to see him doing good by being on set and working, not just living off the fortune his great dad left behind.

p.s. Billy Mays the third take care of your dads bentley, he loved that car I know it. Don't let sully put fish on it ;O)

Marie

Billy Rocked

He came from a humble background and overcame so much. You all should be so lucky to have gone a fraction as far as Billy did in life and is doing so in death.
It doesn't matter if you like him or not he is going to be around for many more years to come.
Please be kind and donate to his charity.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2