Whitney Cummings: I May've Gone Too Far at 'Roast'

8/20/2010 3:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Comedian Whitney Cummings claims she's "not a horrible person" -- despite the barrage of insults she hurled at Comedy Central's Roast of David Hasselhoff ... though she may have one regret.

Whitney Cummings Roast
As you may remember -- Cummings sent jaws to the floor at The Hoff's Roast when she suggested that Hulk Hogan's daughter Brooke, along with Pam Anderson, should both drink a "vat of Magic Johnson's blood."

But last night outside Sam Tripoli's Naughty Night at the Improv on Melrose -- she admitted, "I did say some things about [Hulk's] daughter that weren't necessary ... but I don't think I was the meanest."

Cummings -- who has a Comedy Central special of her own on the way -- also noted, "It's a Roast ... the idea is to be edgy and mean."

Wostis

This is one of the most annoying, talentless, parasitic slime-balls on TV.

This chick isn't funny, nor is she smart, or cute.

She is the type of woman that the word **** was invented for.

Lighten_Up

A lot of posters here REALLY need to lighten up. These are jokes people! Enough of this P.C. crap and everyone always having to apologize for everything. So many people have become so hyper-sensitive. It's really too bad we can't laugh at each other because it might offend someone else. Our differences are what makes life worth living.

charley hardman

few things so pathetic as someone VIEWING a roast and moaning, "over the line". whitney delivered, and the disgusting hogan took it like a bitch. may she drive him away from ever appearing in public -- at least at roasts.

Lisa

I thought the joke about Brooke was mean. I used to watch that reality show on VH1 and she seemed like the most normal one of the family. Why not insult Nick instead? He was actually in the audience. That joke was mean, not funny.

HB

Hey Hot Tamales, go get HIV. Seriously. No no, it was a joke! I hope your mother gets HIV and gives it to you. Oh honey, you know I'm just messing with you! No really, you already have HIV now. I feel sorry for you.

gunnysac

don't hate your self, hate the game!

Criss

"I don't even get it, was that a joke? Drink a vat of Magic's blood? Like that's how you get AIDS? It's not funny because it makes no comedic sense."
This is why you would be a comic who wouldn't get laughs (maybe polite chuckles).

Janis

YOU WERE GREAT I JUST WISH YOU'D INCLUDED JS PARKER, JENN ANISTON, THE MENTALLY ILL ANJOLINA JOLIE,AND JULIA ROBERTS. AND HOW ABOUT A NEW LAW, IF YOU'RE A MEDIA WHORE AND YOU'VE GAINED A STALKER, GIVE THE STALKER A REALITY SHOW.

di

that was so un-funny and imappropriate on many levels. How do these so-called comics get picked? I thought roasts were to be friends of the person, I don't think Mr. Hoff every even heard of this comice before she wnet up to dhe podium. It was not a funny roast, not inthe least, I kinda felst sorry for Lisa, everybody was dumping on her, and she was laughting on the outside but probably not laughin on the inside. I guess unfunny comics are insensitive and don't know what to say to make people laugh to begin with,so they just add $%^$$% fillers and think that's funny (which its not)

alm3911

@Big Daddy She has been the writer for past Roasts before she even appeared on one.

elvis

It was hilarious. It's a roast people, it suppose to have a thing called humor. IF you want to hear jokes about the chicken crossing the road, watch Disney.

There are some people making comments that have stick so far up their rear that it's tickling their throat.

beth

Whitney is funny and the Hulk wears a boa , who cares.. its a roast.. You are a silly girl.. I love it! I only laugh at hulk when he "doesnt" talk....

boz

love that the filter on tmz is blocking out the first three letters of her name... ***MINGS

kimberly

she did go to far with the hulk's daughter comments. i do agree that it is a roast but the roast wasnt bout hulk's daughter and i dont think she was there so i dont even know why she brought her up in the first place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jon Ossim

I thought she was hilarious...I'm watching her special right now, she's pretty damn funny :P Get over it people, it's a joke, it's not like she ****ing means it

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments