Mel Gibson Case Goes to District Attorney

8/25/2010 8:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The L.A. County District Attorney's Office just got the Mel Gibson domestic violence case for review ... sources in the D.A.'s Office tell TMZ.

Mel Gibson Case
We're told the D.A. got the case at around 3:50 PM PT.  The Sheriff's Department turned over the investigative file to the D.A., although prosecutors have been working closely with Sheriff's investigators.

The D.A. has not received the file on the Oksana Grigorieva extortion investigation.  The Sheriff's Department still has work to do on that case.

We're told the D.A. will make simultaneous decisions on whether to prosecute Mel and Oksana.

0708_gibson_fotter_550

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

awards

What about the extortion?

Michael

Second!

smoke weed

Michael

I wonder if they are taking forever on the extortion thing because Oksana is giving them some "service" and they like it and don't want it to end??

lol

Incredibly gross thought but funny!

I am glad things might be closer to ending. This thing has gone on WAAAAAAAY to long!

Also, it's interesting how there has been nothing from OG's camp since she has hired her new people. They have probably got her handcuffed in the bathroom so she doesn't sink her case anymore!

TEAM TRUTH!!

MTT

say what?

FINALLY!!

Freaks!

I've never heard a name so harsh sounding as "Oksana". Doesn't MG have the connections to take care of his problem?

get a life ho

HE'S AS GOOD AS CHARGED ! ( IMO )

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

I don't care how long it takes: just do it right, fairly, thoroughly and honestly. Then tell us about it, all about it!

Michael

Agreed #8!!

As long as it is all done right I could care less if it takes years! Talking about Oksana is fun and humorous!!

MTT

Ann

You know, the D.A. (who they say has been involved with this from the beginning) has given her SO MUCH TIME to get rid of evidence. And they used her evidence against Mel from MONTHS ago. If they charge him, they had better charge her too.

Stan

Radar Online scooped you guys, for the thousandth time. Why are you billing this as an exclusive.

Ann

I mean, they gave her time to get rid of evidence she has done criminal things. You all probably know what I meant, but thought I would clarify my comment!

Posted at 4:33 PM on Aug 25, 2010 by Ann

fuddyduddy

Ann...I bet that the DA has been on top of things from the get-go. They know criminal types and their tactics. I am sure they are ahead of OG.

realist

Finally! A picture of the Ox with her mouth closed!

Tara21

I believe there are a lot of people involved in the extortion case, so no wonder that investigation is taking longer to complete.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments