Mos Def Sued for Def Bailing on Concert

8/26/2010 7:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rapper Mos Def is accused of recently bailing on a gig 24 hours before it was set to go off and causing the promoter to take a $57,000 hit ... this according to a new lawsuit.

0826_mos_def_EX_getty_2
According to the documents -- filed today in L.A. County Superior Court and obtained by TMZ -- Mos was paid a $12,500 deposit to do a show at the Kool Haus in Toronto back on February 25.

In the suit, the promoters, REMG Entertainment, claim Mos suddenly backed out of the concert on February 24 ... and failed to pay back the $12.5k.

REMG claims it's another $45,000 in the hole for "lost customers, sales, and goodwill" --  and is suing Mos and his crew for at least $57,500.

Calls to Mos' people have not been returned.

awards

Saay Whaaaat, MoFo? Break a deal? Who me?

Jon

Maybe He bailed to take the anchor position as a CBS news anchor.
Might as well.
Ratings are almost indistinguishable from Zero.
Too much liberal propaganda masquerading as news.

Javadude54

Hope he remembered to take his towel.

Chris Chung

Post Dilla = No talent.!.

Maui Boy

Ain't nuttin new. Bitch ditched show in Maui 2 year ago.

Justice

THEY SHOULD SUE HIM FOR A MILLION BECAUSE HE IS SO ANNOYING.
ANYONE WHO HAS EVER ENDURED WATCHING AND LISTENING TO HIM IN THAT BRUCE WILLIS MOVIE SHOULD UNDERSTAND. REALIZING THAT HIS WHINY VOICE NEVER SHUTS OFF AND IT'S TRULY THE WAY HE TALKS/RAPS WOULD CAUSE ANY INTELLIGENT PERSON TO NEVER LISTEN TO HIM AGAIN.
TRULY A PERSON TO FORGET.

TugboatTomJohnson

Oh how the mighty crumble. He is falling just like his Muslim Savior Obama. This country is finally turning around thanks to the likes of the great Glenn Beck. He will have the REAL dream tomorrow in Washington.

Jay

Tugboat, is it possible for you stay on topic. They are talking about Mos Def, not Obama nor Glen Beck. Oh and by the way how is Glen Beck turning the country around. All he is doing is spouting off his raceist views.

Karla

I went to one of his concerts a few months ago,MAN I was so disapointed that I haven't listened to his cd since. I was playing that **** nonstop in my car!!! Maybe I should sue too!!!

TugboatTomJohnson

Jay, is it possible that you are anti-american and anti-christian? If you really think Glenn Beck is a racist(which you spelled raceist, that is very cute though, nice try kid), then you have never listened to him or watched him. When millions of americans turn out tomorrow in Washington DC and you start to see your vision of this antichrist America unravel, what are you going to do then? Sit behind your computer and beg your Muslim Master Obama for protection? Sadly Jay, that isn't going to happen. You are just a lost soul needing help and unfortunately you don't seem to want it. Keep commenting on your stories about these silly stupid unimportant people and stop attacking me and other christians.

The boy fox

Mos is a loser he was a no-show for a show in Detroit in 2008. I have not sued because he has a daughter in Detroit and I hope to catch him in the D and tax that ass. I caught him 3 days after the no show and he wrote me a check that bounced so the next check will be a chin check. I hope TMZ reports that.

paigepam