TV 'Matchmaker' Shreds Stylist a la Christian Bale

8/30/2010 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Patti Stanger, TV's "Millionaire Matchmaker," went absolutely nuclear on a stylist who didn't bring nearly enough style to the table -- in Patti's opinion -- and the ballistic tirade was all caught on tape.

0829_patti_smith_ex
TMZ obtained a recording of the recent NYC meeting between Patti, her stylist Lauren Solomon, and a few other assistants. According to sources, Lauren was showing Patti possible outfits for upcoming TV appearances ... including a "Today" segment with Elle magazine's Joe Zee.

As Patti shrieked -- in her best Christian Bale voice -- "This is Elle f**king magazine! This is the big one!!" Another must-hear gem ... Patti's rant about the proper way to take measurements.

We're told Patti and Lauren are "best friends" and that Patti viewed this as "just an argument."

We're guessing a little Prada would've gone a long way to calm the situation.

Freaks!

I'd love to know why the hell someone would go on the show in the first place? Were they all "The Bachelor Show" rejects?

kiki

Well that didnt take long for her true personality to finally shine through. A friend of mine was on the production of her latest season filming millionaire matchmaker in NYC and she was an abusive tyrant to everyone on set. From what my sourse says is her abusive ranting is only a fraction of how she treats the staff and everyone she comes in contact with. She tries to turn on the charm when the cameras are rolling but its forced. If you couldnt tell.

Tori_B.

What a RUDE, FAT and UGLY BITCH!

I wouldn't let this hag match up my socks.

Bubbles The Chimp

Pretty lame rant. If I was her friend, I would have slapped the B*tch and spoiled the plastic surgery on her face.

Truth

AHHHH, THIS IS THE CHIC MEL GIBSON SHOULD HAVE BEEN MARRIED TO...

overrated

Pat ... dear .... I used to think your schtick of rolling over people like a steamroller was funny ... now it's just old and tired.... kind of like your face. You are a used up mean old bag who is clearly in need of a schtupping. (who in the hell you could get to go into THAT bat cave is beyond me) Your ego is as over inflated as your boobs. Get over yourself .... you are NOT 'all that'.

maggiev77

She's not a bitch; she's right. The problem with most people, especially those on the West Coast, is that if you raise your voice a decibel over a whisper, it's yelling. Yeah, Patti is yelling; she may live in LA, but she's a Jersey girl. Get over it. She does her job well, and she expects that people who say they are a stylist do just that; be a stylist and back it up with expertise. You have be able to sing, not just mouth the words.

Truth

SOOOO FREAKIN ANNOYING, SOME1 BITCH SLAP THIS CHIC ALREADY...

Meow

There is no stylist on this planet who can make her look decent. No wonder she's almost 50 and still single.

Fan

Hasn't anyone told this has-been that paper magazines are on their way out? Most print media is going bankrupt.

Hilarious to hear this out-of-date diva orgasming over Elle mag. Just another dying paper dinosaur filled with pictures of coffin stuffers.

Anyone here lamenting the passing of the Marlboro Man? I didn't think so. Same thing is happening with print media - catering to a dead demographic. RIP, you snobs and divas.

TL;DR - Old world media is dead; Patti Stanger is obsolete.

canadiangirl

I actually think that Patti is mortified right now that this tape came out. I think she is a tough, take no prisoners kind of person and it works for her MOST of the time. I usually admire her strength but I do not agree with her belittling people by screaming at them. I bet if she took some anger managment classes she would be able to still be tough but do it in a way that gets more of the results she is looking for.

Prancy

What's the big deal? Patti expects this stylist to do her job. It's vital to measure correctly. Did you see Bethenny Frankel on The View constantly pulling at her dress? It's annoying, unattractive and uncomfortable for the person to have their clothes fitted improperly on tv.

It's a high stress business. If the stylist can't cut it, she needs to change careers. If Bethenny looks like an idiot, she's the one who gets laughed at, not the stylist.

Tinalouise

#44..good excuse there for someone to be rude and disrespectful!! Actually, there is no excuse for that kind of behavior by any adult. Who gives a rats ass if it is a "high stress business"? This is what she wanted and that doesn't give her the right to belittle anyone.
There a much bigger stars than her who don't treat people this way.

Muppet

Everyone is talking about what a b*tch she is but I'm looking at it from a different angle. Who in their right mind would put up with that? There is absolutely no way I would work for someone who speaks to me like that. Two words ...I quit!!! Then I'd make sure I reported her so she had to take some anger management and some sensitivity training! She's an employees nightmare!

Walter

No wonder her fiancée dumped her. BJ's can only go so far.