Sam Ronson

Named in Deadly

Dog-Eat-Dog Attack

8/30/2010 5:07 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned ... Lindsay Lohan's ex-girlfriend Sam Ronson has been named in a brutal dog attack that occurred near her L.A. apartment ... an attack that left one animal dead.

083010-sam-tmz-cops-credit
Law enforcement sources tell TMZ someone called 911 around 11:10 AM ... claiming a "pit bull" attacked a smaller dog ... and then attacked the smaller dog's female owner.

We're told when officials arrived at the scene, the smaller dog was dead ... but its owner suffered only minor injuries.

We're told law enforcement has reason to believe the aggressive dog belongs to Sam Ronson ... because the dog's home address corresponds to Sam's apartment.

UPDATE 1:30 PM PT: Sources at the scene tell us the attack dog was not a pit bull, it was a bulldog. Sam Ronson is known to own a bulldog named Cadillac.

We're also told the dog that was killed is a "very small Maltese" ... that looked to weigh roughly three to five pounds. Animal Control has just arrived on scene.

UPDATE 1:50 PM PT: We're told Animal Control left without Sam's dog.

whatever

Hey PitBullMom, your post proves your an idiot. That dog could have just as well killed a cat which is someones pet. My dogs weigh 11 lbs and 13 lbs, and if some dogs kills them I will be putting a bullet right between the 'suspect' dog's eyes. I won't wait for animal control or the police to get there. What the hell is her dog doing off leash...

PitBullMom

@whatever

First of all I probably know more about dogs in my pinky finger than you do so don't call me an idiot. You can say you disagree but how does my comment prove i'm an idiot exactly?

Also no where in the post does it say her dog was off leash. I used the word "probabaly" but know one knows what happened yet.

I actually agree with you. If another dog killed one of my dogs I'd put a bullet between their eyes too. All I was saying is that it isn't always the big dogs fault. No dog should be allowed to snap, growl, or bark at another dog no matter the size. All too often a small dog does just that and all it takes it the big dog to give a snap back and kill the small one. The big dog by snapping back is simply replying to the small dogs warning with a warning. The problem is the big dog can do more damage with that warning.

Point is all dogs should be properly restrained & properly socialize. All dog owners should be properly educated, know their dogs, & not allow their dogs in a situation that could put the dog, another dog, or a person in harms way. period.

dollysurprise

Dogs are animals, including little dogs. Everyone says big dogs should be well trained, especially pit bulls because they're "killing machines." So a small dog doesn't have to be trained because it can't cause as much damage? What I see happening is small dogs freaking out when they see other animals because many small dogs are NOT socialized with other animals. Instead they're kept indoors as dainty little accessories and constantly babied. So in a situation in which the small dog, let's say not on a leash, encounters a trained pit bull who is on a leash. Small dog goes berserk, runs around frantically and if the pit bull comes remotely near it the small dog will immediately snap at it. What would the pit bull do? What would any animal, who relies on instinct, not reason, do in that situation? Bite back? Most likely.

People need to stop expecting animals to behave like humans and be polite in society when, in fact, they are animals. Train them and leash them and be in charge. Stop blaming the animals when they have piss poor owners. People are the ones who bred every breed of dog and people are the ones behind the fact that domestic animal populations are out of control, which means millions are euthanized a year. People are the ones being irresponsible. The animals are just being animals.

Drivel Lady

Headline with Sam Ronson and dog attack? Insert joke about her looks here.

Jo

PitBullMom, You are absolutely correct. I was one of those people who thought all Pits are devil dogs until one adopted me. He is the sweetest, most well behaved dog I have ever had. I have two cats and two small dogs and they all get along and play together. For someone to say all Pit Bulls should be done away with are wrong. What about...German Shepherds, Rottweillers, Doberman Pinschers. I have been bitten by one dog in my whole life and it was a Pekenese, should we gather them all up and "do away" with them? These dogs have a bad rap because they are a status symbol to some people, They make them meanbecause they are strong. Having said all this I thought this Sam Ronson had an English Bulldog.

Jo

Sam Ronson, Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton just need to go away! These people don't even deserve our thoughts or typing time.
The Pit Bull will be blamed and euthinized. I have a Pit Bull and he is the sweetest dog ever. He plays with the next door neighbors Chihuahua.

Al

@PitBullMom

Maybe you exaggerate, but it is not always the case that a dog barking at another dog is a warning. Dogs also bark at other dogs when they want to play, and a properly socialized dog will be able to tell the difference between a warning or hostile bark and a play bark.

I have a little dog, and she loves to play with big dogs, and there are many big dogs that can play with her without hurting her. But I keep her away from unknown dogs, because a lot of big dogs have not been properly socialized, and you are right, they can do a lot of damage to a small dog.

Kid chronic

This is so far from news its not even funny. A Bulldog killed a mini Maltese omg stop the presses!!! Is Harvey's boner for Lindsay Lohan so huge that he reports on her ex girlfriends dog? Apparently!!!

Al

@46. You're absolutely right. There just has to be some Speidi news today.

BongWaterBill

Who is the dude in the picture?

Oh its Sam... never mind.

kate

Her dog treated the poor little dog just like Samantha has treated Lindsay for the last year, I bet you Lindsay is showing her support to Samantha behind closed doors of course because Sam can't be seen with Lindsay in public because she didn't get permisson yet from the family

sgm

Lindsay always go the bad rap rather than this skank. She even looks dirty. This is horrendous and she should be punished to the fullest extent of the law and go to jail but; she would probably like that!

Um, wow...

People with aggressive dogs should totally be held responsible for what their dogs do... You can't change an aggressive dog into a friendly pet... You never know when/why/how they may attack, or even turn on you... They can be incredibly dangerous... I feel horrible for the woman who lost her dog... I can't imagine witnessing something like that...and she probably sustained her injuries by trying to get the bulldog off of the smaller dog... So sad...

Caroline

Aw, poor Maltese. RIP little doggy.

Jen

This is horrible for that little dog and the violent death! Poor baby! RIP! I don't know who is responsible here till the facts are exposed. I have a Doberman Pincher who is a 9 yr old rescue. She is aggressive with other dogs in her yard or her space anywhere else. She is not a killer but needs to show dominance. I'am very careful with her and love her very much as she is so smart.