Discovery Channel

Hostage Taker Dead

9/1/2010 6:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

James Jay Lee -- the gunman who took hostages today at the Discovery Channel headquarters in Maryland -- has died after being shot by police.

090110_guman_bn
According to police, Lee unsuccessfully spoke with several negotiators during the standoff.

Cops say tactical officers managed to get close to Lee ... and saw him point a handgun at one of the hostages. That's when officers decided to open fire  ... killing Lee.

Law enforcement claims Lee made several demands that "mirrored" the demands he had made on his radical website.

Story developing...

More James Jay Lee

More Today in TMZ History

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

jaydub75

1st bitches. oh well he had more problems then he could be helped with!!!!!!

sarah palin bite me

lucky guy......he'll never have to hear another word from sarah palin.......

Trainwrecks

so a fame ho that pimps out her 8 kids for her own gratification and a nut job that thinks he invented the internet and makes up fallacies about the environment pissed this guy off ...

imagine that. guess he takes his reality shows serious.

surprised bravo tv wasn't pissing him off as well. maybe he was going to stop by there later.

whatwasshethinking

I hate people like this. If you want to kill yourself jump off a cliff. Don't put people through hell to then commit suicide by police. Crazy nut job!

sarah palin bite me

he was crazy.....but not half the nutjob that is sarah palin.....

jaydub75

ppl who do this type of stuff r just deep rooted troubled ppl that need too have a reality check n not believe everything the read or hear.

tmz is makes me lose faith in mankind

Again, I hate to say that I'm glad, but I truly am that this is all over. My friend works in that building, and thankfully, she was able to get out when they first started evacuating. Nieves Chavez, I'm SO, SO happy that you are safe tonight! <3

JJ

Did you read his list of demands???

Clearly he was "nuts"
JUSTICE SERVED; NO COURT COSTS OR PRISON TERMS THE PUBLIC HAS TO PAY FOR.

Michelle

True justice

Rod_Master

He wanted less parasitic humans, guess he got what he wanted.

awards

RIP! Got the video?

David

I'm sure the police were "negotiating" with Mr. Lee, but they had no intention of letting him live.

They'll have no problem getting a hostage to say he pointed his gun at them, right before the police opened fire. After all, they needed justification in order to kill him in cold blood.

The guy was a nutjob, so it's no big loss that he's dead, but I knew he was doomed from the start, because with the police, it's shoot first, ask questions later.

tmz is makes me lose faith in mankind

Darvon

At least he never will produce.
He did not like kids.
Probably because he could not find a woman who would have him.

Ron`

Ok, here is a guy who states his consciousness was awaken by the writing and movie of Al"I invented the internet" Gore. This guy beleived that all children were parasites to "Mother Earth" and needed to be retro-actively aborted. This is an example of the enviromental extremism that occupies the current White House and thr Barry Sotero Administration. I bet you NONE of the alphabet networks (ABC,NBC,CBS,CNN or MSNBC) mention that this guy was an "enviromental terrorist" and part of Bumbling Joe Biddens "Green Team". If he was white, conservative, christian, tea party member they would be killing each other to claim his extremism and how dangerous he was. But since he is a left wing Obama Supporting Enviromental Wacko I bet NONE of them will mention it. Oh, he will just be a very disturbed man, cry,cry,cry

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments