Jennifer Lopez

'American Idol' Deal

Imminent

9/2/2010 4:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jennifer Lopez is in the final stages of negotiations with "American Idol" -- and we're told it's all but a done deal and Jennifer will be the last critical link in the chain.

0802_jennifer_lopez_EX_getty
Sources connected to the negotiations tell TMZ ... contrary to some news reports ... there has been no drama and no diva demands.  As one source puts it, "It's been typical negotiating."

We're told ... absent a last-minute snag (which is highly unlikely) ... the deal could be inked as early as next week.

"Idol" sources say producers believe Jennifer is the key to re-energizing the show.

Idiot!

"Contrary to some news report..." Uh, TMZ dumbasses, they were YOUR reports. This is what happens when you hire fame addicted 8th grade dropouts to work at your company.

As for J-HO, she's a ridiculous idiot, a no talent with a huge fat ass and attitude for miles. The last thing I need is to watch someone who has ridiculous diva demands like "I want a bowl of brown M&Ms in my dressing room; no other colors may touch the M&Ms..."

nicole

I wont be watching if she is a judge!

Paul Marco

Dear American Idol fans,

Please remember when this nasty ho was up and coming and thought she was better than what she really was that she had a bad reputation for mistreating "the common folk." Waiters - waitresses - hotel workers...

It is well known that she used to drop her fork in a restaurant and ask the waitress to get it for and when she did JHo would fart on her and then laugh with the rest of her miserable wannabe posse.

Nigel Lythgoe! Is this the type of person who you want for an American Idol judge?

chuck

83 comments and 79 against Lopez being a judge and 4 in favor. Does that not tell you all something. Unfortunately AI is headed for the toilet. I mean hell, if it were 50-50 or 40-60... OK but 83-4. Give me a break.

nonni

I love that J-Ho bit cuz that's exactly what I think of her. She is absolutely talentless and has no business judging anyone. No more Idol for me. She got famous for wearing that skank dress at some awards show several years ago. Guess that's all it takes to "make" it. I'm DONE.

JO

not gonna watch...unless they can sign PDiddy too?

MyOpinionOnly

Lol! I just find it funny that of about 100 comments on this thread already, there are about 98 of them against JLo and claim they will not watch. Yep, smart move AI. You officially lost me too since Simon announced he's leaving but really...JLo??? What in the he!! gave you the idea that this chick will "improve" you image and ratings? Her movies all bomb, her music is awful, her voice is Bronx on chalkboards and she is the most irritating persona in the industry! But yeah, I'm sure she'll really help "build" you up again. NOT!

Prancy

If the IDOL people think she would be good as a judge, then they are nuts. Many people dislike her. I dislike her so much that if she appears as a judge, I will be GLAD the show goes down the tubes. I will not watch and I bet many others won't either.

What are they thinking? DUMB idea. If they are that stupid, they deserve for the show to go down.

Confused

Could someone please tell me when this young woman learned to sing?

Googie

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
$#@#@&! Dang it! #r@&

Darryl Hutchings

Please let this so not be true! I wanted Shania Twain

used2liveINXS

You know you're in trouble when the only qualified Judge is the Bass Player! And I am one. Anyone who has a groomer for every body part. I mean, Pah-leeze! What are they thinking? Surely there's a producer out there who would take the job. Isn't it counter intuitive to have this all around entertainment industry hack as a judge? What's she going to say? "You need more effects and a lower cut dress. Oh, and have Anastasia do your brows."

Sheila

I don't know why, but she bugs me. I won't be watching.

Jamie

Is there a God? I laugh at the comments that say that she can sing. Are you serious? her last cd tanked and she was let go from her recording contract. Im latina and support my people but Jennifer cannot judge a parrot even if she tried. I stopped watching once they introduce that ridiculous 4 judges' panel. I agree with the post that suggested that people in hollywood really live in a bubble and are out of touch with what the masses really like. Way to jump the shark there AI. Dummies.

vanessa6297

I have a feeling this may be the end of American Idol.