« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

U.S. Open Fight -- Who's At Fault?!

9/3/2010 1:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

You gotta watch this video of an insane fight that broke out at the U.S. Open yesterday.

** warning -- the footage contains explicit language **

Here's what's clear:

-- The young man is a loudmouth
-- The woman clearly incites the young dude by slapping him in the face
-- The old man further incites the dude by aggressively approaching the dude and kicking a can

So we ask ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

JJ

I love how we respect and take care of our elders in America. If they step out of line curse them out and beat them into submission!
If he never argued and walked away nothing would have happened.

BB not bb

There is a polite way to ask someone to be quieter or tone down their yelling. Clearly, this lady chose to stand up and yell in the man's face instead. When the man didn't immediately cower before her, she slapped him. Then her stupid father jumps in to save her street rep and tumbles down the stairs.

Just because people are old does not give them license to disrespect and attack others. They were picking on him because he is young. I couln't picture them pulling that stunt on people their own age. They guy looked tough and they wanted a piece of him.

jim

PERSONALLY IM A LITTLE DISSAPOINTED...WHAT WITH IT BEING AMERICA SURELY THERE COULD HAVE BEEN SOME FIREARMS INVOLVED...THE OLD COUPLE WERE IN THE WRONG...THE WOMAN SHOULD HAVE BEEN HIT BACK....AND THE OLD GUY GOT WHAT HE DESERVED.

nyc40

Joey (the young guy) is someone I have seen several times, as I live in the same building. He does not come across as a rude, ignorant or immature any time I have seen him in the building. He always says hello as we pass and has pleasant demeanor.

I learned about this from the stream of reporters outside our building the last few days. What seems insane is his being stalked by press for an interview for over 48 hours.

From viewing the videos, Joey was physically assaulted by the woman and her father. The older man lost his balance and tumbled (easy to do on one foot in bleachers when the other is still up from kicking the can!)

As for the videographer and his friends & others in the area shouting "throw the guy out" "Where's security?" etc. If you really wanted to be a good Samaritan, you would have helped out by asking them to kindly refrain from annoying everyone around you. However all those in the section that choose to sit by, heckle the fight, decide to video tape, decide to put on youtube, decide not to use the phone to call 911 or get out of your seats to go GET security or ushers; YOU ALL SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES!

Frankie

I'm sick of *******s trying to get a person in trouble just because they feel right and feel all the boss or they're old or mentally ill. Just because they are old doesn't make them right or helpless, if they had a problem they could have called security in the first place. I'm tired of being "wrong" just because I'm a young woman I feel for the young dude and tried to say his piece without calling the woman a "fat old bitch" which is what would have come out of my mouth and "crazy old bastard"...but that's just me the young guy was okay.

Erin

I don't know what it is about women who think it's ok to slap a dude and they won't get hit back. That's just f'd up. Those two people were complete a*holes and should have gotten rocked for going after that young guy like that. I just wish he would have hauled off and punched that nasty chick in the face. She deserved it.

wally

Finally something exciting to watch other then a yellow ball going back and forthfor two hours!

al

Whos at fault?Security thats who.this should have been stopped before it began.

Kathryn

The old couple was in the wrong for sure. Sure, the younger guy shouldn't have been consistently using such vulgar language, but the old couple did NOT need to make it physical. I would've slapped the b *tch back the first time she slapped me. But I'm a girl so it wouldn't have been such a big deal. The guys at the end shouldn't have attacked him at all. The old couple should've been kicked out. I hope the young guy presses charges.

sheldon

The young guy did nothing wrong Old people think they should get all the respect when they are in the wrong

J

Dude rolling the filling is an idiot. Heeeyyy Securiiiity...Freaking puss.then he try to make jokes to seem cool.

It is clearly the old peoples fault. now dude is gonna be known for the rest of his life the one who took down a 80 and his wife at the us open.

richard

Throw the idiot drunk foul-mouthed Italian doucebag out and get on with the game. The guy is typical of the arrogant, self-centered *******s that populate this former "great" country of ours.

T

You American's are going down fast. You want to know what is wrong with your country, watch this video.

First, the young guy should stop talking and fighting with older people. Have some respect. That old man in the hat was defending his wife or daughter. The rest of us don't live in the "thirty mile zone" and may not understand why young people cuss out old people, and fight them. If this happened outside the US, the young guy would be in trouble- either at the event, or later when his father kicked his ass.
But not in the land of Jersey Shore!

donny

The guys not a guido for one, hes a well spoken kid. I've known Joe for a number of years. He's the type of guy who would put his life in front of yours a million times over.

If you dont like cursing, get the **** out of New York city.

mbug

I agree completely with M Wow and Titanium! I am so sick of people sticking up for people who are wrong. The older couple crossed the line and I hope he presses charges against the the older people that assaulted him and those so called men, that came running down to attack him as well. I personally think that if you hit someone, you should expect to be hit back, and I'm a woman. I say that because I grew up with my brother and his friends and it just always struck me as wrong, that we were taught not to hit girls. Talk about a double standard. I have told both my son and daughter, if you hit someone, expect to be hit back. If I hit someone, I would expect that in return. I mostly taught that to teach my kids that it's not ok to hit anyone, and why would it be unreasonable to think somone wouldn't hit you back? At least that young man, didn't even raise his hand to her, and I'm sure it wasn't easy to be caught off gaurd like that and I'm sure it wasn't expected and maybe a little embarrassing too. And he just stood there. To all of those week minded men that came running down the stairs and attacked him, you are pathetic! You should all be so proud of yourselves, attacking the young man when the older man attacked him, pathetic.