Kanye Goes on

Twitter Rampage,

Seeks Forgiveness

9/4/2010 3:17 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Just a few days shy of the one-year anniversary of his infamous Taylor Swift-interrupting rant, Kanye West decided to complete the Twitter step of his 12-step forgiveness recovery plan ... by unleashing a flurry of tweets to express forgiveness, regret and nearly every emotion in between.

0904-kanye-west-twitter
Kanye posted nearly 100 tweets in a little over two hours. It started innocently enough with: "Man I love Twitter... I've always been at the mercy of the press but no more...  The media tried to demonize me."

Then it moved on to: "Remember in Anchor Man when Ron Burgandy cursed on air and the entire city turned on him? But this wasn't a joke. This was & is my real life."

And: "People tweeted that they wish I was dead... No listen.  They wanted me to die people. I carry that. I smile and take pictures through that."

Then he finally brought up Taylor: "I wrote a song for Taylor Swift that's so beautiful and I want her to have it. If she won't take it then I'll perform it for her."

Later: "When I woke up from the crazy nightmare I looked in the mirror and said GROW UP KANYE ... I take the responsibility for my actions ... I am not a bad person. Even in that moment I was only trying to do good but people don't always need my help ... Beyonce didn't need that. MTV didn't need that and Taylor and her family friends and fans definitely  didn't want or need that."

After several more it ended with, "I'm sorry Taylor."

Kanye has gone Twitter silent since then.

Alan

who the hell is kay west or kanye west or whatever?

Kim

Kanye, your 15 minutes are over! You got too full of yourself and now it is over! For those of you ****ting on Taylor Swift, she has amazing talent! I saw her in concert this summer! AND at least she is STILL relevant! Unlike Kanye.....

Sonsorae

Yes it's time, If Taylor forgive him ! People kill me with this I'm so perfect attitude. Taylor's very talented & so is Kayne ! These same people saying the I will not forgive him probably has all his CD's. Look around you people, life is too short to hold hate for things that happen in the past. Can we move on from this PLEASE !

jjgirl

I think that he has run out of chances...boy needs to just shut his mouth! Never sure who he is tring to impress or prove something to?

Barbie

It's actually been a nice year not hearing about him or reading about him ! He's a very vocal racist, he doesn't try to hide it and I'm pretty sure Martin Luther King would be rolling over in his grave knowing what this guy is spouting. Where's Jesse Jackson when you need him.

I actually feel sorry for this guy but not because of what he did to Taylor Swift, but because he really doesn't get it. He really doesn't understand his hatred is so deep that he would need years of therapy just to scratch the surface of why he feels these emotions.

His mother didn't seem to be the type to raise her son this way, but yet this is how he turned out ! And for that I truly do feel sorry for the guy.

But forgiveness...the only person on this earth that he needs forgiveness from is Taylor Swift, not anyone else. He took a moment in her life that was once in a lifetime and she can't get a do over for it ! He also needs to ask God for forgiveness, otherwise his apology is shallow and misguided.

And now he's playing Justin Bieber, he's doing something with a white kid, pretending he's not a racist now. It doesn't work that way, it's just sad that he's using this kid to get back in the news !

used2liveINXS

Whiny little thing, isn't he? Waaah! "I was only trying to good!" "I smile and (sniff), take pictures through that! Waah! Poor, poor, me!" Don't cry, Kanye! Poor, poor, baby. Thier, they're...

Barbie

#230 Shrinkness--- You are absolutely right, yes I'm am sure we have all done something that we not only want to take back, but wish for that same forgiveness he is asking from Taylor.

He doesn't need my forgiveness though. I am no fan and have never bought anything that he is selling. So he hasn't lost a fan in me, I never was one in the first place.

But shrinkness you definitely have an excellent point of view !

Danny

HE IS SUCH A WHINE A$$....DO PEOPLE REALLY LIKE WHINE A$$E$ THESE DAYS?? MAN THIS GUY IS THE BIGGEST BABY THERE IS, HIS MUSIC SUCKS, SO WHYS PEOPLE STILL BUYING HIS MUSIC????

Mimi

Not hating here, just wanted to share my thoughts.

I'm not really a rap fan or a fan of the explicit music and lyrics that are so popular among our young generation. When I saw the Awards and Kanye's comments, my heart went out to Taylor because she was clearly devastated and hurt. She looked like Little Red Riding Hood being pounced on by the wolf. I felt bad for her and wanted to defend her too. I think Kanye's behavior was irresponsible, mean and wreckless, but we all know that already.

Now fast forward this to the present; Kanye is actually more hurt by this than she was, not excusing his behavior but he is still trying to put it behind himself. Hopefully he has learned to behave better next time and control his inpulse behavior.

I just think the hate and death comments are way over the top. Maybe this is a 20's something group responding, but your comments are more hateful than he ever was on that Awards show. Taylor is a beautiful woman and she is probably long past this so why aren't you guys.

Kanye you made a mistake, only you know your heart and your true intentions and motivation. I honestly think you need to be better grounded; clean up yourself, settle down and get a nice wife and have a family,(and maybe even get a better group of friends.) This whole hollywood "Rap star" life is cool as long as its cool. I think you need some real stuff in your life that will motivate you to see more clearer and hopefully you will gain more true happiness and satisfaction.

Do better and be better next time Mr. West, hopefully that was what you were trying to do here.

P.S. I really started this comment to say as far as Kanye's writing errors, many people mistakengly write "there" for "their" it is a common grammatical mistake actually. :-)

- A married southern mom of 4

ó|ó

i wish kanye would take his love for himself and crawl up his own a**...

Chia

Abuser making himself out to be the victim. Textbook.

What a prick.

LongJohn69

Yeah, I'll bet he does want to change some minds. Once a guy like THAT takes a hit in the "BLING" he finally realizes he F'd up!

Susan

When someone goes off on a rant like that, it's usually a whole lotta drink or drugs

E

forgive him for what??? Being a d...??

Vero