'Beetlejuice' Actor

Glenn Shadix Dies

9/7/2010 5:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Glenn Shadix -- famous for playing Otho the interior decorator in "Beetlejuice" -- died this morning after falling at his home in Alabama ... this according to his sister.

0907_glenn_shadix_BN_01
Shadix's sister Susan Gagne told The Birmingham News that the actor was "having mobility problems" and may have fallen out of his wheelchair and "hit his head in the kitchen."

Susan told the BN she believes the blow to the head caused his death.

Glenn -- who famously participated in the iconic "Day-O" dance in the movie -- was 58.

See also

Emma

RIP - he was a nice guy. Met him at a convention once. He went way to early. Condolences to his family.

Majestik

Stoney, I hope you and the others claiming pedophilia all rot in hell.

annie2

Majestik:
You are misinterpreting the target of the pedophilia remarks: they are aimed at the actor who played the dad in "Beetlejuice" and the principal in "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" (I can't think of his name Jeffrey-something, I think).

Tiger Baby

"I blame not Heather, but rather a society that tells its youth that the answers can be found in the MTV video games!"

Reyna38

awwwwwwww.. he was a wonderful actor.........RIP...............

hyrule5

That's sad.. I thought he was a good actor and was great as Otho. Beetlejuice is one of my favorite movies. Wish he would have taken more acting roles.

Also I would like to clear up what seems to be some confusion here... Glenn was not convicted of a sex offense, that was Jeffrey Jones who is second from the left and played as Winona's dad in the movie. Which is a shame because I like Jeffrey as an actor.

Chris

Wasn't he also the hotel reviewer on 'Dunstun Checks In"?

Sarafina

R.I.P. to a brilliant actor. How sad. And so sad about him losing home (his dream) almost 2 years ago in a fire. Condolences to his family.

Sonia

Vince you read my mind with that comment. best line of that movie..
..so few people are able to read my mind

John

He'll always be Associate Bob to me. :( RIP

Melanie

He was also in Seinfeld for a season....as the landlord. He and the character Manny were Jerry, Kramer, and Newman's landlords. His part was small compared tot eh rest of the cast, but he was HILARIOUS and unforgettable and he stole the scene....he was so funny. Rest In Peace.

Karyl

Billy Glenn has been my friend since 1971, and I'll miss him more than words can say. He had the biggest heart and one of the sweetest and most loving smiles I ever saw. I love him dearly for his friendship and kindness, admire him greatly for his acting talent, and honor him highly for his activism. Farewell, sweetie, I'll miss you to the end of my days. My deepest condolences to his family, whose pain is so much worse than mine...

connie_in_ga

It was Jeffrey_Jones who was charged with pedophilia,,not this guy,,jeez,he played in ,Howard the duck,,Do yer dam research!!!

CrisDizzle

What's Ferris Bueller's principal doing in the pic??? lol

Ichabod Cranium

I am so sad to hear of his passing. I loved him in Beetlejuice. I thought he would be good in the role of Ignatius Reilly in 'A Confederacy of Dunces'. He could act condescending and grandiose as well as vulnerable (kissing Myrna's braid in ther back of the Volkswagon as they "escape").

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments