Miley's Mom -- Changing Names Runs in the Family

9/7/2010 4:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Leticia Cyrus -- aka the mother of Miley Cyrus -- is following in her daughter's too-mature-for-age footsteps ... by filing to have her name legally changed.

0907_tish_cyrus_EX_TMZ_01

Miley Cyrus wasn't born Miley Cyrus -- she was actually Destiny Hope Cyrus. She filed docs back in 2008 and had her name legally changed to Miley Ray Cyrus.

Now her mom is doing the same -- TMZ has obtained docs Leticia Finley Cyrus filed last week requesting her name be legally changed to Tish Finley Cyrus, which she says she has been known as "for as long as she can remember."

She'll still go by her most common name -- Miley's Mom.

Carl

Don't tell Billy Ray's heart, his achy breaky hart, it just don't seem to understand.

SeizeTheNight

This actually makes sense. She is known more as Tish than anything else.

LB

"daughter's too-mature-for-age footsteps" Seriously TMZ SHUT UP!

poppy

why didn't she just change it to skank...........then she could also be skank's mom too..........since that is what they both are.......and shouldn't Billy Ray change his to just plain ...stupid? I feel so sad for Miley's REAL Mother.

ciimonstr

Ooooh!, so part of becoming a disney rising star..destiney had signed the deed to take on in the name of M_I_C, (no scratch that..) M_I_L.. (fff, very funny!).. M_I_L_E_Y_!!

MIDNIGHT TOKER

I would do the wild thing with her for sure

tracker

1ST. THIS WOMAN IS A MORON.2ND. NICE INSULT TO YOUR OWN MOTHER WHO THOUGHT LETICIA WAS A BEAUTIFUL NAME FOR HER CHILD.! NO RESPECT FOR ANYONE ANYMORE.AND AROUND AND AROUND IT GOES ..........

CJ

That makes it complete set of fakes in that family

mannequin

You can change your name and you can take the mama from the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park outta the mama.

amy

Their real names are 20 times better!!!

Anne

The names were horrible before they legally changed them and they didn't get any better after. What a trashy family.

Kelsie

Wow, I've never seen Miley's mom before. Unlike her daughter, I think she is attractive!

solar panel

I agree with #16, that the Tish is attractive, far more than Smiley Miley. Actually, that picture reminds me of the slightly younger, Playboy-era Shauna Sand. There's a slight resemblance, not much, but some in the face and long blond hair.

solar panel

From Leticia to Tish? That's like spending 6 hours and the $300 registry cost to change your name from Stanley to Stan.

"Hello my name is now Will. It used to be William but I had it legally changed to Will and now I really feel like the true me after all these traumatic, frustrating years living a lie as "William". Ya, dig it."

Imbeciles!!!!!!!!!!

solar panel

Would it be hijacking the thread to ask if Shauna Sand is still single? Shaunaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa................!!!!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments