Deputy Who Busted Mel Gibson Sues

9/7/2010 7:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The L.A. Sheriff's Deputy who arrested Mel Gibson in the infamous 2006 arrest is suing the County of L.A., claiming he's the victim of retaliation.

James Mee Lawsuit

In the lawsuit, Deputy James Mee claims at the time of his arrest, Gibson was a spokesperson for the L.A. County Sheriff's Star Program and had filed a public service announcement for Sheriff Lee Baca, whom Mee says was Gibson's "close friend."

Mee claims he was "unjustly denied" a promotion -- the result of "religious discrimination and retaliation for plaintiff's religion and his report of anti-Semitic remarks by [Gibson]."

You'll recall, TMZ broke the story of Gibson's anti-Semitic rant.  Mee is Jewish.

The suit claims Sergeant Tracy Palmer erased a videotape involving the arrest of Gibson.  Sources tell TMZ Mee has said the alleged video shows Gibson out of control at the jail after his arrest.  Mee has told people the tape shows Gibson screaming at the top of his lungs and pacing in the cell.

TMZ has independently confirmed there was indeed a videotape of Mel at the jail -- the cameras are mounted and trained on the booking area in the Lost Hills jail.

This is the first time Mee has revealed at length the events of July 28, 2006. He claims, as TMZ first reported, he documented Gibson's tirade in his initial report but was ordered by superiors to rewrite the report, deleting the slurs. The lawsuit -- filed by attorneys Etan Lorant and Yael Trock -- goes on to say the original 4 pages in Mee's report were published by TMZ.

Mee says he was immediately targeted as the alleged TMZ leak, despite the fact that other non-Jewish deputies had access to the 4 pages.  Mee says he was unmercifully interrogated, received a negative job performance report and claims it was all the result of religious discrimination.

Mee says the department launched several investigations targeting him, to determine if he was the TMZ leak.  Although Mee didn't mention it, the Sheriff's Department secretly obtained search warrants for the work and home phone records of Harvey Levin.  The Sheriff's Department has never determined who leaked the document.

Sheriff's spokesperson Steve Whitmore tells TMZ, "We are looking forward to telling the whole story and the whole story is not being told in this lawsuit.  Ethnicity and gender have nothing to do with any of this.  An investigation was launched by the Sheriff's Department to try and discover who was leaking official documents without authorization.  That is a crime."

0907_gibson_footer

azlee

man! never stops. I guess what my ex husband use to say should be what mel should say tongue in cheek "I'm ugly in a no ugly zone" good grief (that wasn't say mel is ugly either people!

Fidel's niece

Another loser "fame whore" looking to make a buck...
waited 4 years...
me(e), me(e) me(e), too, dont forget me(e)...

***TEAM MEL***

azlee

rg1, of course he would never see that would he? I mean it happens of course in work environments but if I remember right it was a scalpfest with Mel, so why would the supers get on to him. I remember all this going on and it was shark feeding frenzy with Mel as the meat.

Tellthetruth59

Today one of the Oksaloonies "Jessup" tried to plant a rumor that law enforcement was responsible for leaking Oinky's doctored tapes. Interesting timing given this story.

azlee

wonder what the statue of limitations was on this case? hmmmm

Mary Poppins

It never amazes me how some people with no life or brain waves, get on here and talk trash. I can also guarantee not one even know the laws out there in Cali. And had this happened to one of there family members they would be singing a different tune. Keep up the good work TMZ love you all

azlee

yeap tell, but I have seen it brought up here and there too before this.

Tellthetruth59

yeap tell, but I have seen it brought up here and there too before this.

Posted at 4:11 PM on Sep 7, 2010 by azlee
------------------------------------------------

I miss a lot around here. It seems post appear out of nowhere after you think you've refreshed and read a complete page. It's probably just me lol!

canook

related to this story
was mel Gibson drugged by mossad?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWKAKYHOyBw

middleagedcrazy

Well, I'll stay on the other thread. Darn if I will give any more hits to sucking s*** and their lawyers. WHAT NONSENSE!

Tee hee

twilightmom

He (MEE) and Oks (EE) should BE a TEEM! Wait...that should be TEAM, there we go! Oh, poop.
U know what I mean! Lol

Its a set up! Boinky paid him to file this suit!! {o:

KoalaBabe

I wonder if Jaffe contacted James Mee to sue the LA County to rehashed Mel DUI arrest.

talking about money is roots of evils.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Posted at 4:10 PM on Sep 7, 2010 by Tellthetruth59

Oh, I've been waiting for that one. geez, took tem long enough.

beachgal

Sounds like racists are running the Lost Hills cop shop... Mel's bad behavior "disappears" and he gets a ride home, but Mitrice Richards who didn't pay an $89 bill (& whose mother tried to pay by phone but was refused) is thrown out from jail in the dead of night and found dead in the nearby desolete mountains. The Feds need to fully investigate these cops, ASAP.

azlee

it has been happening to me too, specially yesterday. I was getting lost because I wasn't seeing certain ones.