T.I. -- Rapper Might Get AXE'd Over Arrest

9/9/2010 4:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

T.I.'s ecstasy arrest has caused a serious stink with some of his sponsors -- in fact, TMZ has learned the people behind AXE body spray are considering kicking the rapper to the curb.

0907_ti_axe_EX_screengrab_01

A rep for AXE tells TMZ they're "troubled by [T.I.'s] arrest" and have been forced into "reviewing our promotional activities" with the rapper. Translation -- it doesn't look good for T.I.

T.I. -- real name Clifford Harris -- locked down a deal with AXE earlier this year after promising the company that he was "working to become a more positive role model."

So far, T.I. is still featured on the company's website (pictured above) ... but it smells like that could change at any moment.

SallyChi

All artists and athletes have a "morals" clause. They just forget that clause when they go partying.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

oh and this also belongs on Ebony TMZ..

Kelly

The commercials played constantly immediately following the arrest. They also constantly advertised the concert that was
showing on DirectTV. I wonder what the ratings for that were.

He acts like he's all that...makes me wanna hurl.

His wife did look like Snooks in her mug shot though!! Ha!!

SimonaMeChelle

I don't think he should be axed look at how much attention all this is getting! The same people that bought Takers tickets wanna smell good with AXE. If they drop him it would be a huge mistake. Just like dropping the swimmer from the cereal ad. That was crazy. Dropping Tiger Woods from ads, give me a break! The name of the game is marketing, & making money, as much as ya can, while you can!

EMET

It didn't hurt Kate Moss....remember her cocaine photos? Her sponsors didn't ditch her and she is still going strong.

ron

BTW for all you peeps who think he shouldnt be AXED!! keep in mind this is his 2nd offense.not to mention...............his 2nd during the 1st one that hasnt even been settled yet.hes definitely AXED!! lol

Bill F. Murray

WHO?

Bette

Kate Moss did suffer from the drug photos. She's still around but she did lose a lot of $$$$.

Weeks after pictures showing Kate Moss snorting several lines of cocaine in 2005 were made public, clothing retailers H&M, Chanel, and Burberry dropped the hard-partying English supermodel like a hot potato.

jmk

His druggy gangster life is more important to him than his career. It's a choice, just like deciding to drink and drive. He deserves to lose everything.

noneofyourbusiness

For the sake of youth that look up to him & his children/family-I hope he can get his act together. Drug addiction is not a joke. Sometimes I think fame can hurt a person more than be a blessing-people don't know how to handle all the pressure.

I am usually along with the making quick judgments, but I really believe that he can still rise above this mess. I think he is talented and needs to just focus on what is important-his family and himself.

haha

Well, they haven't yet, I saw the commercial this morning.

michelle

I love TI the drugs were not his they belong to the other person who left them in the car duhhhhhhhhhh. stupid mistake ti when ur trying to reinvent urself besides do people really still do extacy thats so 1990,s

northern gypsy

dry up the $$$ cash flow...then...let's see how creative this tool is...
send a clear message to this useless piece of work...
ghetto is so yesterday news...next !!!

tifosi44

Can't stop laughing MAO about a Company signing a Rapper, Gangsta wannabe and then fretting that he got in trouble with the law... :-) Stupid is as stupid does?!

JackHoffman

A positive role model for the drug addled guidos and gangstas that use this garbage? This seems to be playing directly to their demographic.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments