LFO Lead Singer

Dies

9/8/2010 11:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rich Cronin from the '90s boy band LFO died today after a long fight with leukemia ... TMZ has learned.

0908-rich-cronin-ex-getty-credit
Rich -- who wrote LFO's hit "Summer Girls" in 1999 -- suffered a stroke after a lengthy battle with leukemia, according to his brother.  We're told he passed away in a hospital this afternoon.

Cronin was 35.

See also

SG fan

Very sad news, a few months ago I was just reading up on his bio after hearing the classic 'Summer Girls' again. Thought Rich's health was getting better so this is a complete shock. Hope he is in a better place, RIP.

xoxopimpimxoxo

THIS IS SAD. :(

HARDY-HAR-HAR

Sigh... Thoughts and prayers for his family. So difficult to lose someone so young.

Love that song - I'll think of him every time I hear it, and I always play it when I need a "summertime" pick me up :)

SweetPea05

So sad, LFO takes me back to Jr High. What an awful disease, I am guessing he has "Moon Face" from all the steroids, dealt with that myself (Lupus) before, not fun. Well, RIP you were talented, I loved LFO and am really sad to read this. May God be with his family!

katie

omg how sad :( he seemed like such a nice, down to earth guy. i loved LFO in the late 90's when i was a teenager (oh the days..) and even if i didn't, 35 is way too young to die. i don't mean to get sappy but you never ever know people. RIP rich!

Nikki

My condolences goes out to his family, I am so sorry for your loss...

R.I.P Rich

got it like that!!

omg!!! im so shocked!! i never knew he was even sick! rip Rich!!!! :(

YauchieJo

All of my child hood idols dying tragically before their time. Growing up SUCKS. I' am so sad to see such a beautiful person leave us so soon. :(

cess

;(

poor guy. RIP

MJJrammer456

RIP Rich Cronin... "I like girls who wear Abercrombie & Fitch..."

Jen

Words cannot express how sad I am. Rich was an amazing person. He was sweet, funny, and charming. He fought a brave battle and did so with dignity and determination. He will be missed. Rest peacefully, Rich Nice. We love you so much!

Amanda

Everyone commenting about the picture...his face is very common looking for a cancer patient. Its typically known as "moonface" it comes from steroid use in order to fight cancer.

Natasha

I'm heartbroken. My prayers go out to his family. God bless you Rich

Leslie

i didn't know he had leukemia. I admit I only know him from when they were big back in the late 90s and early 2000s. he looks barely recognizable in that pic compared to how i remember him. RIP early deaths are so sad.

eileen