LFO Lead Singer

Dies

9/8/2010 11:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rich Cronin from the '90s boy band LFO died today after a long fight with leukemia ... TMZ has learned.

0908-rich-cronin-ex-getty-credit
Rich -- who wrote LFO's hit "Summer Girls" in 1999 -- suffered a stroke after a lengthy battle with leukemia, according to his brother.  We're told he passed away in a hospital this afternoon.

Cronin was 35.

See also

Kevin

I have never seen a more humane comment board on TMZ. I do not know the man nor do I know his music....but I am thinking of him and praying for him and smile with him for the love he given in his lifetime. God bless you Rich.

Ms. L

RIP....My prayers go out to his family. This is so sad!!!

Summergirls is still "my song". I play it any and everytime I am traveling up and down 95.

You will be missed.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

who is this guy?

MIDNIGHT TOKER

summer girls souinds like a ripoff of the beach boys anyways

CJ

Wow so young. It's always so sad when someone so young passes away.

john

Sucks for Rich; at least he doesn't have to see Jennifer Love Hewitt again!

How long before we see JLH on the cover of US Magazine talking about how Rich was the "love of her life" - hypocrite!

Nazia Irtaza

Peace,

I don't know why, but tears come to my eyes whenever I hear about LFO's lead singer, Richard Cronin's death. At the age of 35!

Their songs were amazing and the song "Girl on TV" always hits my heart. Richard Cronin's voice was truly heart melting.

I hope Richard Cronin enjoys paradise with the rest of all good people.

Alicia

RIP
Cancer really takes it's toll and my condolences go out to his family and friends. I lost 2 people to cancer last year and I really hope there is a cure one day.

annie2

Hey john, how about waiting till JLH actually does that before you call her a hypocrite, huh?

I wasn't familiar with him but sad to hear someone so young losing their life. TMZ, this would be a good time to put a before and after (respectful one) picture up...nothing snarky, but when one is basically known for one or two hits almost 20 years ago or so, it would be helpful for those unfamiliar with him...we probably WOULD remember him. As it is I am heading over to YouTube to see if maybe I am just forgetting the song. It sounds really familiar but can't think of the tune.

Kara

I went to highschool with Rich and his brother. He was a great guy with many talents! My thoughts and prayers with their family.

Terry Edwards

he Deepest prayers are not enough to show you how much you are missed by me. You were taken way before your time. The times I worked for you and Brizz is the best time of my life and I am truly gonna say you were my brother, my friend but most of all you were you. With tears in my eyes I say goodbye and I will always miss you. Rich Nice, Your star is ready. Let it shine even brighter!

Ivana

Awww that's sad. I didn't even know that he is sick. These two lyrics are stuck in my head since I heard that summer song. "new kids on the block had bunch of hits, chinese food makes me sick........"

Suzy

So sad, for ages now I've been trying to think of the name of 'Summertime Girls' song.... I had the words Abercrombie and Fitch in my head and it wasn't until I read about Rich's death that I youtubed LFO and the song came back to me...and then I remembered how hot Rich was! such a waste. Gosh he looked so different on the TMZ pic I didn't recognise him. Listened to the Howard Stern interview with him. Hilarious! RIP x

Wonder if comment number 56 is Jennifer Love Hewitt?

Misty

This made me cry. Summer Girls was our jam when I was a kid. It's still on my Ipod! Goodbye Rich. Prayers to your family in this time of mourning.

Kelly

I loved that song and he was a very talented man. I send my condolences and love to his family and friends.
God Bless