2010 MTV VMA White Carpet Fashion

9/13/2010 9:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Red carpets are so last season -- check out the hits and misses from the white carpet at the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards.

2010 VMA Awards Fashion Photos

Sassy

Katy Perry had a fun dress on!

NYC

I wonder if the mother who claims Lady Gaga stole from her dead daughter is going to pull out a picture with an outfit like this to claim Lady whatever stole it?

Polly

What a bummer that these are the people representing music. Except for a few singers and bands, it seems like they all have adopted the same sound or the have sampled it from someone who created it 20 years ago.

Sonja

Katy Perry was an idiot.. "hahaha, look at my Hello Pony hair..ha ha did you notice..no did you notice my 'fun' hair..hahaha.. oh and my dress..hahaha I feel like I'm wearing a tatoo but it's 'fun' hahaha.. did you notice?? Did you ???".... what a fake wanna be. Totally over rated copycat.

Audie

Great dresses now where are the great etertainers?

Sonja

Lady Gaga has more class in her baby toe than Katy Perry has in her entire body.. her "gracious" acceptance of her two awards, her showing up with soldiers who were discharged because of the whole Don't Ask Don't Tell BS... she didn't once try and intentionally bring attention to her 'look'. So Katy who is the attention seeker again??

jess

Kesha was dressed better than Katy Perry.

Michael W

I think I'm starting to understand why other cultures think we're despicable ...

Lyn

Excerpt from Camille Paglia's latest article in the Sunday Times. The entire piece describes Gag-gag perfectly.

"Furthermore, despite showing acres of pallid flesh in the fetish-bondage garb of urban prostitution, Gaga isn’t sexy at all – she’s like a gangly marionette or plasticised android."
I agree with Paglia 100%.

Mista Celebrity

Yep, it looks like real music is still dead and those with real talent are still not being heard. Another year of glitz, choreographed dance moves and bizzare fashions to distract the dumbed down, instant gratification crowd from noticing how terrible mainstream music has become.

Jim in Cali

I don't care what anyone says, Lady Gaga looks ridiculous as always. But I give her credit, she's the first female pop star that I wouldn't bang so in that regard she is an "original"

At 9 lyn, Pagilla tore Gaga apart in that article.

Drfunkenberry

Anyone notice Katy Perry's nails at the MTV White Carpet?

A message to Russell Brand or MTV? Hmm.

Chia

Jane Lynch looks amazing (she usually get's slammed)! Best fashion "most improved."

Sonja

... yeah because awards, record sales and concert sell outs mean nothing... that fact that you , Jim, consider Lady Gaga not worth 'banging' of course over shadows everything... LMAO I bet she's all broken up about that little fact eh???

Yoga Pants

Katy Perry had a fun dress on!It looks like real music is still dead and those with real talent are still not being heard. Thanks for this sharing.. Keep blogging....
Yoga Pants