Jennifer Lopez

Is a Go On 'Idol'

... for One Year

9/14/2010 3:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has confirmed ... Jennifer Lopez has signed a 1-year deal with "American Idol" for "a little more than $12 million" -- this according to sources connected with the show.

0914_jlo_american_idol_BN

It's somewhat surprising that the deal is only for one year ... given the nature of the "A.I." franchise.

Nonetheless -- as first reported by Nikki Finke at DeadlineHollywood.com, it is a done deal and Jennifer Lopez is expected to be at the judges' table for auditions next week.

Alexa

It's just outrageous that the judges get paid megabucks and the winner and runners up gets peanuts.

SAM2000

I don't get it. She is a dancer and can't hold a note to save her life! WTF are these people thinking. I know I will not be watching this year!

Laur

I wanted Joan Jett! Now that's a respected women with a kick as* attitude and talent.

Kat

What a waste of 12 million dollars! I will no longer watch Idol!

Stewart

I feel bad for Randy! Stuck with this no talent slag as a judge. Hopefully she will tank the ratings and the show will finally be over.

HMD

"But what do I know, I only produced a KISS music video for Ace Frehley.

Nof"

Does Gene know you produced a KISS vid for Ace Frehley? He hasn't been in the group for years....

Dan

$12M? No wonder she grabbed it while she could considering the state of her musical and acting career. Its sad that America's new talent will be judged and getting advise from this mediocre example of a 'singer'.

Chris

Waiting for X-Factor with Simon! American Idol is old news...desperate judges trying to salvage their career...show won't last very long.

O'Brien

Great...One more reason NOT to watch! Can I please get another nail for the coffin?

cali

$12 mil for Jennifer Lopez?
What a slap in the face to Paula

Candi

All of yall are some ****en HATERS. If you Dont like the show our J-Lo dont ****en Comment period. No body gives a **** about what you think. your just giving her more fam by talking about her. lol

juli hoover

Jennifer Lopez is the worst pick for a judge. She can't sing, can't act and isn't even that hot looking. How about Brett Michaels to replace one of the other two??? We need something different, not the same old stale people.

wi

Yip....pee! : (

Oh Crap!!!

JT

Don't you suppose to have talent in order to be a judge?

Helen Van Patterson Patton

LOL! Someone with absolutely no singing talent and who is auto tuned within an inch of her life is judging vocal talent.