Jennifer Lopez

Is a Go On 'Idol'

... for One Year

9/14/2010 3:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has confirmed ... Jennifer Lopez has signed a 1-year deal with "American Idol" for "a little more than $12 million" -- this according to sources connected with the show.

0914_jlo_american_idol_BN

It's somewhat surprising that the deal is only for one year ... given the nature of the "A.I." franchise.

Nonetheless -- as first reported by Nikki Finke at DeadlineHollywood.com, it is a done deal and Jennifer Lopez is expected to be at the judges' table for auditions next week.

THIN LIZZY

I'll give it to AI, if you're gonna go down, go down in flames!

Me

Uh, yuck. Just yuck. This new batch of contestants better be the most talented ones we've ever seen, with every media outlet RAVING about the talent--because they certainly don't have any judges to rave about. "Dawg?" I'm supposed to rave about season whatever of "I'm not feelin' it, dawg?" And THIS?

AI=dead in the shark-infested waters.

Buzz

I love Jennifer Lopez. She has worked really hard to get where she is at....Good for her! I will be watching AI for the first time in my life this new season.

heidi

i dont understand this choice. dont the AI people read the reader comments on this situation has unfolded. never have there been any positive comments from anyone at any time about JLo being a judge.

if she bring it like the south park guys characterized her on their show, then maybe she wont suck.

on a side note btw, that horrible video of LiLo with her horrible bulging forehead, well, JLo is another actor who has a horrible profile

Superman

$12 million and most likely a movie deal!! She's laughing her ass all the way to the bank after fleecing those morons at Fox! No way is she worth $12 million!!!!

lisa

One year is too long and for $12M? AI producers, what have you been smoking?

steve

What show is this? Haven't they canceled it yet.

Bill

Finally a judge that's easy to look at AND talented.

Meowch

That is an obscene amount of money. Disgusting.

Jaime

Just SAYIN' - one year? come on! get someone who will do a few years! I don't like to see people come and go! people dont LIKE CHANGE when things are GOOD! I'm still really pissed about KARA leaving! I have grown to LOVE her over the years! Now her, paula and simon! seriosuly! They should of had Randy Kara and a Guest Judge. 4 judges don't work. Ellen was funny but didnt have a clue! GET IT TOGETHER

EJ

Thanks JHo for saving me two hours a week since I won't be watching Idol this season. She is a terrible role model for aspiring American Idols. She should've just stuck to acting and her clothes line. Her singing and dancing is average and she treats crews and staff on sets like crap. If she auditioned for Idol, she'd never make it to the "Hollywood" round. Way to go Fox and Fremantle for blowing a pretty penny on such a terrible human being.

Marissa

What a waste of money...and im not watching!!!

Observer999

I want TMZ to keep track of the backstage diva stories... will be fun! The white silk on every wall of her dressing room, the posse, etc, etc,.... GO TMZ!

Bubbles

Re: "It's just outrageous that the judges get paid megabucks and the winner and runners up gets peanuts."

Are you kidding? The judges have successful careers. The contestants haven't accomplished anything yet--and most of them don't. One album and then they're gone.

Prancy

Those fox people must be the most stupid on the planet. Remember the idiots who screwed up The Tonight Show a few years ago? These fox people are even worse. Major loons.