Oksana's Ex-Lawyer to Chat with Sheriff Investigators

9/16/2010 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ Oksana Grigorieva's former attorney is set to talk with Sheriff's investigators about Mel Gibson's extortion claims against her.

0915_lawyer_oksana_ex_getty_tmz
According to our sources, an L.A. County Sheriff's investigator contacted Eric George on Wednesday. George repped Grigorieva during the mediation where she agreed to (and later reneged on) a $15 million package from Gibson.

As we first reported, Oksana sent Mel text messages during that mediation which some think could be construed as extortion. In one of the texts Oksana accuses Mel of not keeping up his part of the deal to support her. As her attorney at the time George was privy to the texts as well as other information.

Our law enforcement sources say George said he would be "delighted" to meet with investigators.

It's another indication that the Sheriff's department is taking the extortion investigation seriously. As we told you earlier .. investigators have already interviewed Mel Gibson twice. They were considering interviewing him a third time but we're told they're satisfied now with what they have from him.

0708_gibson_fotter_550

Tellthetruth59

Morning everyone - Genna Koala.

That Radar story is interesting. It sounds like they are saying that Violet is now helping Gibson because she was threatened and bribed by Oksana's camp. Is that how you guys read that?

Genna

I wonder what George means by saying he'd "be delighted" to speak with the Sheriff's office? I'm guessing it does not bode well for OG.

Firefly

Mornin' KoalaBabe,

Mornin' everyone,

You never know what you are going to wake up to. This morning I smell sizzling bacon, because that pig is going down! I hope that lawyer sings like a canary.(wow, lots of animal references here, so sorry to the poor animals.)

Genna

Hey Tell! =D

I'll have to read that ROL story.

Genna

Mornin firefly!

KoalaBabe

heya Genna and firefly, I will a bit slow on reply, heating my dinner dinner in the oven.

Firefly

Mornin Genna,

Isn't this fun! I can actually see a light at the end of the tunnel. Oh its a train, and its heading straight for Oxy. Train wreck any time now!

KoalaBabe

If Kowal going to testify for Mel, Oksana will be up shi t creek without a paddle.

Michael

The way I read the ROL story is this...

Oksana came out and bribed Violet to give her dirt on Mel

Mel's team bribed and or threatened Violet to shut up and leave for good.

But since Violet is going to the police, who knows how or what angle she told them or going.

Honestly, Mel has more money. So I am betting she took that deal. That deal could be in the 100 million range based on what (y)uchitel got from Tiger.

I am sorry, but these women disgust me!!

TEAM TRUTH!!

MTT

Just Saying

Morning everyone - Genna Koala.

Posted at 4:32 AM on Sep 16, 2010 by Tellthetruth59

Coming from ROL, I think it is meant to read that there IS very incriminating evidence against Mel but unfortunately it is with Violet and she is not helping out. Reading between the lines, ROL is making out like Mel is very powerful and all the cards are stacked against poor helpless Oks. Not sure why the story about the threatening bodyguard working for Oks is weaved into the story as it makes Oks look really bad and desperate. Hence my comment about the very confusing nature of this story.

Genna

Just read the ROL article on Kowal. Is she at all credible? I thought she stated earlier that Gibson abused her. I am totally confused.

Tellthetruth59

After reading that poorly written ROL story again, it sounds like Kowal is going to claim that she made up the stories about GIbson being violent with her after Oksana's camp paid/threatened her to do so. Now she is covering her ass and/or being Benedict Arnold and turning on Oksana because public support is behind Gibson.

Tellthetruth59

One more though... its obvious to Kowal that Oksana will not "soon be worth millions" as the bodyguard said so she isn't loyal to her anymore and is going to tell the truth. Or at least a version of the truth. Who knows with these skanks.

KoalaBabe

Don't forget she came out and told the media, Mel abused her on the phone and she has proof, Alldred cruised her way remember?

Maybe that was the time Oksana tried bribing her if she get something like 200mil from Mel, Now she can see there is no payday from Oksana, she switched sides?

Genna

To me, the ROL article bodes better for Mel...not OG. However, OG can always say that this "bodyguard" was acting on his own.