Oksana Grigorieva Will Sue Mel Gibson

9/16/2010 2:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Oksana Grigorieva will file a lawsuit against Mel Gibson alleging -- among other things -- battery, emotional distress and defamation ... TMZ has learned.

0916_oksana_lawyers_EX_01

Sources tell us Oksana has hired Martin Garbus and Daniel Horowitz  ... two formidable lawyers who have been around the block in celebrity cases. Garbus has defended Robert Redford, Al Pacino, and Spike Lee -- and both he and Horowitz rank among America's top litigators.

We're told Garbus and Horowitz will represent almost all things Oksana -- they will be her reps in connection with the domestic violence investigation as well as the extortion probe.

In addition to the civil suit, we're told Garbus and Horowitz will represent Oksana in her music career -- specifically, they will challenge Gibson, who they claim is blocking the release of Oksana's music.

As for the civil battery case against Gibson -- sources tell us the plan is to file it by the end of the year.

Sorntolc

@TTT59: Team Mel ~ "Team Truth" ~ Speak a lot of sh*t.

sharon

She has got to have the blackest soul ever. How do you turn around and sue :

1. The father of your child, who is paying to feed you ENTIRE FAMILY
2. The man that's letting you live in HIS HOUSE all expenses paid
3. Got you a car
4. Paying your lawyers fee
5. The man who hasn't said one word about you to the media since
this whole mess started.

Genna

I think we all need to get together and protest in front of the LA County Court.

Posted at 10:54 AM on Sep 16, 2010 by Diane
--------------------------------------

This has gone too far. OG has reached the complete bottom. So she has found new sharks for her legal cesspool. Disgusting.

Sefa

"You're gonna pay, boy are you gonna pay.

Posted at 10:43 AM on Sep 16, 2010 by shyone
"

That's AFTER she was abused was it not? And how the hell is saying that a bad thing? If someone punched me and abused me mentally and physically, I would want him/her to PAY, that's not an evil / unethical thing to do.

Jeff Becker

Gold digger wife and gold digger lawyers! Being a lawyer is the same as having a license to steal. This only happens to people with money. If Gibson worked in a factory no lawyer would consider taking a case like this from some disgruntled baby mama. They all can go to he11!

shyone

Krista asked:

"How exactly did Mel defame her?"

I expect OG's answer will be something like this:

MG called me bad names. I have recorded in defense of my life, my reputation, my baby's life, my son's life -- because I was in fear of death. I know everyone has heard him call me those bad names -- I made sure they did when ROL made those recordings published. Therefore, MG slandered me by making those statements which damaged my reputation. I am not a whore, I am not a prostitute, I am not a gold-digger, I am not a c**t.

Sadly for OG, as she both recorded and released the private recordings supposedly made to save her/her baby's/her son's lives which constitute the slanderous statements -- she -- not MG published the alleged slander, causing the damage to her reputation herself.

Short lesson in slander: The statements about a public figure (which OG has made herself to be) must be false and published and mush damage her previously undamaged reputation.

What woman would want a public lawsuit to focus on whether the statements made in private by MG which are on the recordings are true or not about her?

Two more lawyers for the list of lawyers OG will dispose along the way when it is convenient for her.

One thing lawyers are wary of is a client who has had another attorney working on the same case and has "fired" or "been fired by" the earlier lawyers. There is no better sign of a client to avoid than such a client. Even if the lawyer prevails and gets a settlement or judgment for the client, there is a guarantee that not only will the lawyer have a fight over the fee with the previous lawyers who will have claims to a portion of the fee (like Eric George), but also the lawyer is looking at a very high likelihood of having the client dispute the current lawyer's fees and costs.

Taking on OG as a client is the equivalent of a lawyer who wants to litigate about OG for years, including litigating with her as the party accusing the lawyer of wrongdoing. You notice that so far only one woman lawyer was foolish enough to fall for representing OG.

This thing will go on for years . . .

Friend?

Wasn´t she the same woman who said that she was too broke to buy her son a gift on his 13 th birthday? So do her attorneys work for free then?

I don´t believe a word comming from her so how can a judge? And where is the evidence of anything, tampered secretly recorded tapes, who´s gonna buy that?

Diane

She has got to have the blackest soul ever. How do you turn around and sue :

1. The father of your child, who is paying to feed you ENTIRE FAMILY
2. The man that's letting you live in HIS HOUSE all expenses paid
3. Got you a car
4. Paying your lawyers fee
5. The man who hasn't said one word about you to the media since
this whole mess started.

Posted at 10:59 AM on Sep 16, 2010 by sharon

Didn't Mel say she had no soul? I agree with you sharon.

This woman doesn't need any attorneys. What she really needs is an excorcism. She is utterly void of any conscience.

rg1

Defamation? Please your character is being called into question b/c of everything YOU do and say, Oxskanky.

As for your "music", honey, nobody bought your crap before all this and nobody will buy it now.

SayWhat

How on earth has he defamed her??? Shes the famewhore that cant keep her mouth shut on the street. If she wants her music back, why doesnt she just buy out her contract. Oh yeah, she has to get her extortion money first. What a s***bag she is.

Sandy

The worst part of all of this is :

THIS WOMAN is using the court system for money...wasting our tax dollars for her gain. Wasting the family court time that could go to a mother who has yet to get a dime for her children and is barely making ends meet.

I am not sure who is worst, her or the lousy lawyers representing her.

middleagedcrazy

Hey guys, since we have been looking for a job for the piano player --

Reality show with winner (the wealthiest) getting the 'Belle of Saransk' a/k/a piano player's miracle 'Wealth-O-Meter' womb and prize of eighteen years of grief. Gloria Allred wagging her finger at the losers who 'aren't wealthy enough' being dismissed, but as a consolation, getting a try at one of her 'stable.' Am still laughing too hard at that concept.

Tee hee

Curious

It would seem Miss Oksana has given up hope in the custody case - note no mention is made about getting more money for Lucia.

So now she's falling back on plan B and trying once more for the civil suit to encompass the alleged beatings, the character defamations related to the recordings and all her emotional distress suffered over the months. And, too, a flanking attack going for the music.

So much for her GREAT concern about Lucia and fighting for her child, eh?

I do wonder about the financial end of it. Mr. Mel was ordered to pay for family court lawyers, not all of this. I'm guessing they expect to get a portion of the settlement in lieu of up front fee. Silly lawyers.

gonesi

one question
who is going to pay her attorney fees?

Posted at 10:22 AM on Sep 16, 2010 by Zooma Zoom
............................

I bet that judge is sitting there with his score card in amazement. I no nothing about the law, but it would seem to stop this kind of out of control thing from happening in the future, he would only let the lawyers be paid that were hired in connection with the child custody case. All this 'shopping', if he can find a legal way NOT to make Mel pay for it, I think he will. It only shows she is either extremely vindictive (thinking he will pay and running up the bill) or extremely mentally ill.

Frankly, I don't know how you stop a walking around crazy person. She isn't crazy enough to lock up, but she seems too crazy to be in a position to hire endless attornies to spite someone.

I'm sure he isn't laughing.

Wendy

Seriously 4000. a month for a baby is not enough. I have a family of 5 that lives on less than that. This woman needs to stop living in a dream world and come back to reality. Bet Mel is regetting hooking up with her. Did anyone see bruises on her when he allegedly abused. She put herself in the position for the papatzzi enough. Why didn't she come forward right away? Wrong to hit a woman but just as bad to lie that someone did beat you