Cinnabun Toughens Up for Texas -- Too Tough?

9/18/2010 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jesse James' beloved sidekick Cinnabun is getting ready to join Jesse at his new home in Texas ... but first she needs to get strong enough for the big move.

You may remember Cinnabun went through a whole ordeal earlier this year when she went missing -- and returned 23 pounds lighter. Jesse's prized pit bull is working on getting stronger -- pretty clear from the video.

Some dog people will tell you ... this type of "exercise" is SOP for pit bulls -- others say it's inhumane and dangerous.

Bernice Madoff

Is that photo wrong maybe Micheal Vickers?

colleen gasaway

Only ghetto trash own pitbulls? Not even close! I have 2 dogs. a chihuahua and a pit. guess wich one has to be put up when we have company because she bites? its not the pit!

Max

Please leave Austin. We have a great city with nice people here. You ran off Sandy (who has a couple of businesses here with her sis) and now you're bringing your trashy dates and white trash dog too? Please, please, please, leave the good folks of Austin in peace. Go home, now. Everyone else (race, creed, size and beliefs) we'd love for you to visit. We welcome (almost) all. ;)

timid

The dog's run away several times? Gee, I wonder why? I guess JJ can't lovingly bond with anything.

Joanne

Cinnabun looks like a great dog, she is very cute and affectionate in a lot of the pictures I have seen of her in magazines.

However, she should run away as fast as she can and not look back! Who is that idiot "training" her like that? I doubt that hanging by her jowl to a rope is a good training method. To me it looks as though she is being trained to attack, she is a powerful dog.

Viv

Why is the poor dog still in CA? Still left behind.
Also how come TMZ has this crap but no pics of Sandra having fun at the Abbey? The woman looks great.

PitLover

I have pits, help rescue pits from bad situations, volunteer with many different pit rescues in my area and NONE of them have at any point said anything against this. If a dog loves to hang on a rope and finds it fun, then why stop it? If your dog loved to play fetch, would you stop that if someone said you were training the dog to chase people at a high rate of speed?
Not just president owned pit bulls, Mark Twain had one and HELLEN KELLER! If a deaf and blind woman was not mauled by her pit bull, then perhaps they are a great and docile breed. My dogs have nursed litters of kittens after the momma cats have run away. They LOVE to hang in the backyard on a toy tied to a rope in a tree. They are not any more aggressive than before, and they greet EVERY stranger with kisses and a wagging tail. The news glorifies pit bull attacks, yet the most vicious dogs are Chihuahuas, Dachshunds and Jack Russell Terriers. Those dogs will attack other dogs, strangers, and even their owners.

Katie

My Pitbull loved doing this and she was the best dog I have ever owned Pitbulls need alot of stuff to play with or they will rip apart your house because they are board!

Rebecca

I have been bitten by a doberman, a German Shepard and a chihuahua. However, I still love dogs.

Pitbulls do scare me. I've never been bitten by one. But I've seen one kill another dog behind my house. That same pitbull chased me back into my house once when I was out in my yard. It was aggressive and should have been properly contained by it's owners. It was likely aggressive because it was thrown in the back yard and left with no human company. I had to walk my children out the bus with a pistol in my hand that day because I was afraid it would come back.

The original Petey from the Little Rascals was a registered AKC as an American Staffordshire Terrier and UKC as a Pitbull. The movie that was made in the 90's used an American Bulldog. American Bulldogs are fantastic dogs. They look big and mean, but are extremely loving. Ours will go out of his way to have a child pet him. He loves children and children love him. We got a new kitten a few months ago. It weighed 13 oz. Chief (115lbs) wanted to play with it but the kitty was scared. That little tiny kitten tore our dogs nose up with it's claws. Chief was patient, now they are the best of friends. They lay in front of the glass door all day waiting for my kids to get home from school.

If you want a dog to scare people away without actually hurting someone, an American Bulldog can do that. I've had people coming up to put flyers on my door who turn and walk away because they see my dog laying there. (through the glass door).

Rorie

I DONT THINK THE DOG NEEDS TO TOUGHEN UP.
LOOKS PRETTY STRONG TO ME.VERY SCARY TO
ME CONSIDERING MY WAS WAS ATTACK BY A
PIT DOG.ITS A SHAME MY SON IS SCARED **** OF ANY DOG NOW.HEY WHY IS IT THAT PEOPLE WHO OWNS
THESE DOGS IN NY HAVE NO JOB OR INSURANCE????
AT LEAST THERE ARE LAWS IN TEXAS

Tina O.

I never comment, but this video forced me to. I am a pit bull supporter, and I feel showing this video with this kind of play is totally inappropriate!!! The pitbull has a very badly damaged reputation, and there are many wonderful rescue/advocacy groups that are trying very hard to restore the pitbull's image. These are wonderful, sweet, smart, and friendly dogs. They are misunderstood. This video just reinforces the bad image they have and gives the wrong idea about what kind of dogs they are. Shame shame on Jesse James!!!! Blame the deed (person) not the breed!!!!

Kev

Thats the type of training that will encourage the dog to grab a kids scarf or tie and choke them to death!

Jason

WOW. There really are some stupid people on the internet. Hey Grouch. . you wonder were Jesse is in the video, he's holding the camera, you can hear him talking. LOL! My dad used to raise pitts when i was a kid and he made sure that anyone who bought one was checked out and would NOT use them for fighting. It really is in the owner, NOT the dog. And as far as i know, it isnt just ghetto people, natzis, or any ONE group that own them. HAHA!!

Katie

Um I am not GHETTO TRASH and I have a Pitbull and I am sick of people like you Aaon E Mouse! It's not the Dog it's the OWNER!! My pitbull has never bit anyone or any dog. I have own other dogs that have bit and had to be put down and they where all Shaperds! Like I say get to know one that is TAKING CARE OF bofore you make dum ass comments!!!

Gloria Unread

Sure, people think it's cute or funny seeing the dog clamp down and gnaw on something - until it's someone's throat.

It's like walking around with a loaded gun. They're all capable of seriously hurting someone, and this kind of training will only reinforce that negative behavior.

It wouldn't be so bad if dog owners didn't walk around imposing their animal on other people. It's arrogant.