George Lopez Divorcing

9/27/2010 3:36 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

George Lopez and his wife, Ann, are getting a divorce, TMZ has learned.

George Lopez Divorce

Sources say George and Ann have been working out details of the split "for a long time," but they've both made the decision to end the marriage.

The couple has been married for 17 years.  They have a 14-year-old daughter, and we're told they both want to keep the divorce amicable for the sake of their kid.

UPDATE:  A rep for George and Ann tells TMZ, "George and Ann Lopez have made the decision to end their 17 year marriage.  The decision is amicable and by mutual agreement.  They remain dedicated parents, and committed partners in business and their philanthropic organization, The Lopez Foundation."

0709_split_footer

susan

I saw his wife the other night at The Padres Contra Cancer event and she looked slim and beautiful. I think they are using old pictures of her when she was heavier. but no matter what she looks like she has the heart of an angel and helps so many people with her charitable works. George is the loser here. this woman is one in a million.

Cooper

#22 - "Women protect your organs".....LOL

HarryPalms

... and taking with him a kidney.

Cathy

I hope when his show is on, and every show he appears on, hears nothing but *crickets chirping* so it hits him where it hurts. In the ratings.

Ass.

anony

I'm sure all the negotiation is to figure out if she'll take her kidney back.

Sunnygirl

WTF? Didn't she give him a kidney? She better ask for it back in the divorce settlement!!!

TJ

If I was her, I'd ask for the kidney back in the divorce settlement.

Barbarascy

Damn! Marriages don't stand a chance in Hollywierd! I don't know if fame and money really do make people happy. It seems that it makes them divorced.

gutsygirl

I'd ask for my kidney back as part of the settlement.

Stephanie

He needs to return her kidney...lol! For real.

Lizzie

I am very sad to hear that GEORGE LOPEZ and his wife, Ann, are
going their separate ways... I do HOPE that they both are able to find health, happiness, joy, abundance & serenity!! I do
hope their daughter is able to come through her parent's going their separate ways w/ alllllll the care & serenity, as well!!
GEORGE LOPEZ IS THE BEST"EST"!!!!!!!!!

electriczipper

SHE LOOKS ROUGH AND BESIDES THAT..SHE IS FAT..HE IS A STAR AND I CANT BLAME HIM FOR NOT WANTING TO BE SEEN WITH HER,,SHE IS A COW..A MAN NEEDS TO ENJOY SEX,,WITH HER IT WOULD BE LIKE A JOB..GO ON A DIET TUBBY

melliemel

Didnt she give him one of her kidneys? Hell I'd ask for it back in the divorce settlement.

todd lee

Lopez is just like that racist, hispanic piece of "brown" crap Antonio Villagrgosia, deport them both, they love mexico so much...GO BACK!!

Googie

Part of George Lopez' popularity was because he was supposedly devoted to his wife & would love her forever especially since she gave him the gift of life. It's been a long time that I stopped being a fan. Something was just not right. He is no so arrogant & flaunts the fact that he's friends with Sandra Bullock. Sorry George, but I don't think you are Sandra's type of man. She'd be better off back with Jesse than you. I wish your wife Ann gets all your fortune since you would not be alive w/o her. I hope she finds a man who loves & appreciates the wonderful woman she is. What a waste of a kidney!