Oksana Investigation: Extortion vs. Negotiation

9/28/2010 9:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The L.A. County Sheriff's Department is focusing on a central issue in the Oksana Grigorieva/Mel Gibson extortion investigation -- What constitutes negotiation, and what is extortion?

0928_Mel_gibson_oksana_TMZ_EX

L.A. County Sheriff's Department spokesperson Steve Whitmore tells TMZ his Department is several weeks away from wrapping up its investigation.  As Whitmore put it, "One of the challenges investigators are facing is what is considered a legal negotiating tactic and what constitutes extortion."

TMZ has learned ... the L.A. County Sheriff's Department is combing over key pieces of evidence in the Oksana Grigorieva extortion investigation ... and law enforcement sources tell us the focus is on Oksana's iPhone, as well as text messages and emails between Mel and Oksana.

Whitmore would not discuss specific evidence in the investigation, but did say investigators are conducting forensic analysis of the items.

And Whitmore says there are two attorneys whom investigators still want to interview, and there have been scheduling problems.  TMZ knows the lawyers are Eric George and Sonia Lee, who share a practice and represented Oksana in the mediation in which Mel agreed to pay a total of $15 million in return for the tapes and other evidence.

We've learned George -- who has been out of the country -- will be back in L.A. later this week and is eager to speak with investigators.  We understand Lee is also willing to sit for an interview.

And, we're told the only person who is the target of the investigation is Oksana.

0708_gibson_fotter_550

justme

BTW I HAVE COMMENTED SOMETHING WORTHWHILE...SHE LOOKS LIKE A SLEESTACK- LOOK IT UP TO SEE WHAT I'M SAYIN'...YOU WILL LAFF YOUR TAIL OFF B/C A SLEESTACK IS A PEA GREEN MONSTER WITH GIANT MIRRORED EYES FROM THE 70'S.....DON'T TELL ME YOU WON'T LAFF AT IT, SHE REALLY DOES LOOK LIKE ONE IN THE PICTURE OF HER FOR THIS STORY- IT'S FRIGGIN HILARIOUS!!!! THE BEST IS IF YOU HAD AUDIO OF THEM B/C ALL THEY DO IS MAKE A HISSING NOISE TO COMMUNICATE!!!LOL!!!

fuddyduddy

For the sake of argument let's say everything in the above is true. Here's the thing though - - in this case, Oksana will walk away penniless. At this juncture, Mel will not give her a f**king farthing. And on that score, Gloria does a better job. So why didn't Oksana go to Gloria in the first place?

Posted at 6:05 PM on Sep 28, 2010 by realist

She might of before Alred took on Kowal. Ater that --- conflict of interest. HUGE conflict of interest.

Posted at 6:23 PM on Sep 28, 2010 by Maya
________________________________________________________________

Realist...Gloria's daughter, Lisa Bloom, was with OG for a while.

diogenes

Posted at 6:23 PM on Sep 28, 2010 by justme

How is that darn cat???

Rhondo

# 40...What the hell are you talking about....We all understand " tapes " is a general term. Face it.......she did the recordings no matter the method. Get real about whats happened............IT WAS ALL ILLEGAL and the " TAPES ARE ILLEGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!and, they were in her posession and HER RESPONSIBILITY to ensure their safty

Maya

Posted at 6:05 PM on Sep 28, 2010 by realist

Posted at 6:23 PM on Sep 28, 2010 by Maya
________________________________________________________________

Realist...Gloria's daughter, Lisa Bloom, was with OG for a while.

Posted at 6:34 PM on Sep 28, 2010 by fuddyduddy

Really? I didn't know that. Thanks for that info!

IA

Gene,

Here's a quote from him:
"I got to a very desperate place. Very desperate. Kind of jump-out-of-a-window kind of desperate. And I didn't want to hang around here, but I didn't want to check out. The other side was kind of scary. And I don't like heights, anyway. But when you get to that point where you don't want to live, and you don't want to die, it's a desperate, horrible place to be. And I just hit my knees. And I had to use The Passion of the Christ (2004) to heal my wounds."

Mel will prevail. Public support is increasing for him. He knows. He just has to hang on tight. I've been seeing a lot of comments about "new fans" who are admiring him for sticking to his guns against this biitch.

As you can see from the post above, he's been through some tribulations before, he has had death threats before, and when most thought he wouldn't have a chance he came around on top. I believe he'll do it again.

OG's supporter like to pass the idea of him being bigoted, bipolar, insane, whatever, but Americans are tired of PC and of psycho-labeling. On the end they will just see the contrasts between his rants and love letters as a reinforcement of what they already knew: that he is a passionate man. Americans like that, or most do. I am convinced that once this is all over, when he does another movie, it will be a huge success. Just like with the "Passion of the Christ" which many didn't think he pull through.

The only thing bugging me is not him killing himself but Sweethearts post about death threats against him. Are you just being mean Sweetheart, scaring us? I think it is unlikely though. It would just expose OG cohorts too much. As I posted last thread, I find it more likely that OG might be murdered and they might try to frame Mel for it. Just rolling thoughts here.

MEL, PLEASE HANG ON, THIS TOO SHALL PASS!

Rhondo

The post I was regarding was #40...Don't know whats going on, but it's now post #37..This person implies everything he/she kinow all the details

kali

I give up.
I read and read and read these posts and never get caught up, nevermind posting. Now there are 2 more today?!?!

TrumanD

I stand corrected justme....

troll 1825 up, 240 down
buy troll mugs, tshirts and magnets1a. Noun
One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.

1b. Noun
A person who, on a message forum of some type, attacks and flames other members of the forum for any of a number of reasons such as rank, previous disagreements, sex, status, ect.
A troll usually flames threads without staying on topic, unlike a "Flamer" who flames a thread because he/she disagrees with the content of the thread.

1c. Noun
A member of an internet forum who continually harangues and harasses others. Someone with nothing worthwhile to add to a certain conversation, but rather continually threadjacks or changes the subject, as well as thinks every member of the forum is talking about them and only them. Trolls often go by multiple names to cir***vent getting banned.

Urbandictionary.com

diogenes

So why didn't Oksana go to Gloria in the first place?

Posted at 6:05 PM on Sep 28, 2010 by realist

Didn't Oksana hire Lisa Bloom? Isn't Lisa Bloom the daughter of Gloria Alred? I think I have read that somewhere. Anyhow, if that is the case, I wonder if they discussed the matter together.

Barbie

I wonder if she knows yet that one of her goons has been bragging about sleeping with her

Posted at 5:38 PM on Sep 28, 2010 by VividlyViv
*****
You mean Toxsana? Are you saying she is sleeping with someone already? Who? Don't leave us hanging!

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

I hate to say but it's just something that keeps going thru my head: Is it REMOTELY POSSIBLE that MG's legal team is behind this too? I know everyone is saying OG's side is leaking info but is there a chance that since (it seems) MG is paying all legal fees, maybe JUST maybe he's kickin in a few extra bucks to keep this going his way?

Just a thought, PLEASE DONT BEAT ME UP (I'm gay and we bruise easily!!!!)

Posted at 6:39 PM on Sep 28, 2010 by meltheloser

Loser,

Think about this: how can releasing do***ents that are derived and filed in the courts possibly be 'slanted' for Mel? Even if his team is releasing them, they can't CHANGE what is on file! These are the real deal do***ents. Mel can't influence them. They are favorable to him because they are damaging to OX and her many lies. It's that simple.

emerald

So now her lawyers have hired a lawyer for the dv side of things but if he get's elected she loses a lawyer lol?!!! Uh who do the lawyers think is going to be paying them, it sure as hell isn't going to be Mel, his only obligation was $250k for the child custody lawyer so she had a lawyer of equal status as his own lol!!
Y'know I just got a new theory on the dv lawyer running for office, perhaps HE thinks aligning himself with Octomum's twin's case will get him more p.r lol!!
If they want to interview a lawyer other than Eric George of course I'm sure Fuilginiti would oblige willingly since she was sacked (and that does end the client/lawyer confidentiality), their parting was also said to be acrimonious lol!! She was also hired explicitly for the extortion case, nothing else!! Did anyone tell Octomum's twin her conversations with her lawyer's are no longer privileged once she fires them, I reckon she's gone to each one with a different part of the story y'know lol!!
Since this says only Octomum's twin is now under investigation, I guess they feel they have a case!!
You reckon since all these male lawyers are old men she's scoping out her next target and one of them is paying, or you figure it's a trade off (blow baby blow lol!)!! Seems since she's admitted to sending the full tapes to her sister in Russia it doesn't matter whether she profited or not, her actions in the illegal taping of forensically discredited tapes and making them available to a third party means she is wholly responsible for whatever happens to the tapes thereafter! If she tries to claim her sister sold them without her knowledge the reply is simple, you should have known, knowing your sister, that she would or could have done this!!

jechrist

tonight has beeen very interesting reading betwen the 2 new stories. some post informative, some just down right hilarious. so keep it up...i'll pick up 2morrow on whatever else you all have writen.
God bless.