Polygamous Family: TV Show is Worth the Risk

9/28/2010 12:52 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The polygamous family featured on the TLC reality show "Sister Wives" is speaking out after learning they've become the target of a felony bigamy investigation in Utah ... claiming the show is a "risk worth taking."

0928_sister_wives_getty_EXD
TMZ just received a statement from the Brown family -- saying, "We are disappointed in the announcement of an investigation, but when we decided to do this show, we knew there would be risks."

The family continues, "But for the sake of our family, and most importantly, our kids, we felt it was a risk worth taking."

Yesterday, the Lehi Police Department in Utah announced that the family is being investigated for felony bigamy ... and plans to turn over all evidence to the Utah County Attorney's Office for review and possible prosecution.

The show features a 42-year-old man named Kody Brown -- who has 3 wives, a prospective 4th wife and 13 children.

Dee

If anyone watched the premiere...he is marrying young women. The WOMEN actually encouraged the relationships with the other women to begin with. This is a choice made by ADULTS!

Bill F. Murray

This guy is a moron. 4 wives riding his @ss instead of just one, you know they're all synched up on 'the cycle' and probably spend one week of the month plotting his painful death. And forget about being able to watch football in peace! LOL

Luluie

Weirdos. More Reality TV garbage. If they continue the show, for a couple of years, he probably will end up divorcing all his wives anyway. Just like other reality show couples. He probably is all about himself and selfish. These kind of people believe their own kind of crap about poligmy(sp?)

Dee

before crucifying me, I meant to say "isn't" in my previous post. I hate TMZ for no edit button!

amber

I think the issue is whether Utah recognizes common law marriage. If they are presenting themselves as married-which they are, then it's bigamy. What's next TLC? Fantatics talking in tongues or doing whatever they do with snakes? That network is a joke, I knew it the one time I watched that ugly bitch Kate with her litter of kids.... Can't even think about those freaks with the 19 kids. Animals have litters. Why should the state support all those kids when they're just flaunting the law and what's right and decent. And for you morons that compare this crap to gays getting married, marriage is between two people, whatever their sexual preference. I don't know why people are so threatened by gays wanting to get married-if they aren't trying to marry you it shouldn't be your problem.

Sharon

What does he do to feed these kids or is he on welfare, food stamps, medicare?????

TiredofthisCrap

Dude is driving a nice car I doubt if they are on welfare, but they may be going after them for Medicaid. The one wife that doesn't work, may not have health insurance and that is what they are investigating.

For some reason this family doesn't bother me, the women are smart, outspoken and seem to be happy with the marriage. The children has a stay at home mother and atttention from a lot of adults. If they are happy, why knock it.

C

great- a bunch of wackjobs in one household feeding off eachother's insecurities-makes me puke

sugarbee

I agree with tiffany "Just what we need to make our society even more screwed up than it already is!"
Posted at 9:10 AM on Sep 28, 2010 by tiffany

I WILL NOT WATCH ANYTHING ON TLC AGAIN!

Kate

I am actually pretty conservative in my politics and social views but I watched the show and all I kept thinking was how I wasn't really that bothered by it. They aren't hurting anyone. Don't waste tax dollars on prosecuting him. He is only legally married to wife #1. If she doesn't mind living with 3 of his mistresses then why should I care.

TorontoWoman

How come it's always the man that can take on multiple spouses? I'll support this kind of horse-sh*t only when it goes BOTH ways!

anonymous

Why do women have to be so desperate for a man. Desperate women are disgusting.

MP

When I first heard about this show I said, why would anyone watch this? I guess I'm one of the few who has no interest in seeing it. I can't believe the stuff that gets on TV these days.

sugruf

What does TLC mean, The Learning Channel? or The Looney Channel!

k

you would think out of 4 wives general odds would be that at least 1 of them be good looking. Nope, instead its a utah beach boy and his 4 heffers....