Tony Curtis

is Dead

9/30/2010 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has confirmed Tony Curtis has died of cardiac arrest.

Tony Curtis died.
The legendary actor passed away Wednesday in his Las Vegas home.

As we previously reported, Tony -- who suffered from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease -- was hospitalized in July near Las Vegas after suffering breathing problems while making an appearance at a local Costco.

Curtis starred in such classics like "Some Like It Hot" and "Spartacus" -- and was nominated for an Oscar for his role in "The Defiant Ones."

He was 85.

More Tony Curtis

Tony Curtis dead.

More Today in TMZ History

stephen

Come on guys "Tony Curtis is Dead" I am not a fan of Mr. Curtis but I am a fan of your show. Show a little more respect for the man.

Dumba$$es

Celeb deaths in 3's, greg, tony, whos next up tomorrow???

Eric

85 is a good long life, you know? I'll never understand why people get all "heart goes out to the family" an "I feel bad for the family" on things like this. The dude had a great life. They should be dancing at this funeral.

Nobody lives forever,but Tony Curtis will hang around for a while in the vast collection of movies he did and in his art.

Get a grip, people.

Areader

My prayers go out to Jamie Lee Curtis and her family.

Moi

Tony Curtis was one of the most handsome men ever to grace the screen. His dark wavy hair and the beautiful baby blues. He was something to look at! He was a great actor in drama and comedy, and he gave us wonderful performances in Some Like it Hot, The Sweet Smell of Success, and The Defiant Ones. He will be missed, and he also gave us the wonderful Jamie Lee Curtis.

Kelly

Get a grip, people.

Posted at 5:20 AM on Sep 30, 2010 by Eric
--------------------------------------------------------------

People console one another, that's why.

I'm sure they didn't want to lose him even after 95 years!

Sounds like a total disregard for others.

How old are you?? So everybody can have their dancing shoes on, ya know?!

clasto

#18

i hope its not betty white! maybe zsa zsa?

Donky

RIP Mr. Curtis

Oh yeah FIRST!!

dee

OK, so what was the actual cause of death? EVERYONE dies of cardiac arrest! He was a great actor. RIP

SickofTMZ

Rest in Peace. Thanks for the great movie moments!

knowitall

See you on the tv Bernie. Always enjoyed your performances. My condls to Jamie Lee and other members of the family.

Billy

What sad to news to start the morning with. He was such a great actor.. my personal favorite was "Sex and the Single Girl" with Natalie Wood. He was drop dead gorgeous back in the day. He will be missed.

Tina

RIP Tony Curtis. He was one hot hunk in his day. Truly a bright star has left the universe. The old Hollywood glamour is almost gone. Prayers and love to Jamie and family.

Johan

I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Curtis 12 years ago playing blackjack in Vegas with his very hot wife too. We were laughing and joking at the tables and just having a great time. After a while he asked me my name and introduced himself and his wife to me. Of course I knew who he was the entire time just never said anything. Pretty cool to have a great Hollywood icon introduce himself to me. He will be missed.

Quinn

Truly a classic. Rest in peace Mr. Curtis.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments