Legal War Over Mel Gibson's 2006 DUI Arrest

10/12/2010 5:48 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The County of Los Angeles is asking a judge to throw out the lawsuit filed by the deputy who arrested Mel Gibson for DUI in 2006.

1012_GIBSON_LAUNCH

TMZ broke the story that James Mee -- the deputy who arrested Mel in Malibu and witnessed his anti-Semitic rant -- filed a lawsuit against the County of L.A., claiming he was retaliated against after the L.A. County Sheriff's Department alleged he leaked the police report to TMZ.

Now the County is firing back -- asking that the suit be dismissed -- claiming the assertion that the Sheriff was retaliating against the deputy because he was Jewish is simply unsupportable.  In legal papers, the County says, "Simply receiving a directive to proceed in one manner with respect to a police report cannot in and of itself be considered discriminatory."

As we first reported, Mee was ordered to take out all references to Mel's anti-Semitic comments.

As for Mee's other allegations -- that he was "unjustly" denied a promotion, got a negative performance review and was forced to transfer to a less prestigious station --the County claims Mee's religion had nothing to do with it.

Majestik

I thought all police cars in Cali were equipped with dash cams?

realist

@Curious,

Gouda? I love Gouda, and Edam, and Muenster, and White cheddar, and Swiss. Oh heck, I like em all, except for maybe headcheese, nasty stuff.

going to join Azlee and hellnurse(?) this weekend. Packing, throwing out, you name it. So, I will be in and out until Friday, and then no service until the 27th.

Probably all hell will break loose before I get internet service again. So I have Azlee's email, and hopefully she can keep me up to speed.

Mee will never prevail. You're right his service record is marginal at best.

realist

@Majestik

Is that dark chocolate or milk chocolate. I only eat dark chocolate for its anti-oxidant properties.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Wow TMZG. You actually offered up an answer to a question of mine. I'm honored.

Now answer this one: WHO is Team Rabid? No sweeping statemnts please, give a real answer to it. You use the term all the time. Please tell us all who is on Team Rabid? ALL of team rabid and why do you call them that?

Majestik

@Majestik

Posted at 4:31 PM on Oct 12, 2010 by realist

I only get the dark chocolate from the speciality store. It's more yummier too.

sugart*ts

Thanks, Firefly. Here's TMZ's quote from Mel on Jimmy Kimmel:

Who'd admit to grand auto theft but deny taking the hubcaps unless it was true?

Anon

Good grief, why don't you Mel apologists just call him God and render him untouchable. I have never seen a group so obsessed with defending this guy. Now you need to defend the LAPD because of their association with Mel? Seriously, you guys are ridiculous.

Mel has a long record of these outbursts. The LAPD may have gone easy on him and who can explain that. But Mee may have a very good case. It is not in the LAPD's interest to say Mee is right. That doesn't not mean Mee is wrong and there's no reason to attack him. You don't even know him.

KoalaBabe

This case will be dismiss for sure.
He can't blamed someone for his poor work performance.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

TMZG,

Are you Mee by any chance? Or maybe just a reliative?

Mee has been on the force something like 17 years...without promotion! This is a fact and was posted I believe rfrom V right after Mee filed suit. It didn't just happen after the DUI.

azlee

the mel part is old news and in the past. He owned up to it, he apologized and he changed his ways.

This is about the cop and only about the cop.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

You don't even know him.

Posted at 4:42 PM on Oct 12, 2010 by Anon

And neither do you. Have you witnesses any of his 'outbursts'?
No. So you don't know any better than we do. Why are you so adamant in accusing him??

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

AZLEE! A Sane person! At last!

WHF is going on today? Why is everyone in an uproar?? Just about every time Iv'e posted I've gotten my head bit off! Is this happening to you?

Kilmerfan

I can see Mees book coming soon Diary of a whiney cop.

Kilmerfan

I can see Mees book coming soon Diary of a whiney cop, Pee Wee Herman can play Mees

Kilmerfan

I can see Mees book coming soon Diary of a whiney cop, Pee Wee Herman can play Mee in the movie.