Legal War Over Mel Gibson's 2006 DUI Arrest

10/12/2010 5:48 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The County of Los Angeles is asking a judge to throw out the lawsuit filed by the deputy who arrested Mel Gibson for DUI in 2006.

1012_GIBSON_LAUNCH

TMZ broke the story that James Mee -- the deputy who arrested Mel in Malibu and witnessed his anti-Semitic rant -- filed a lawsuit against the County of L.A., claiming he was retaliated against after the L.A. County Sheriff's Department alleged he leaked the police report to TMZ.

Now the County is firing back -- asking that the suit be dismissed -- claiming the assertion that the Sheriff was retaliating against the deputy because he was Jewish is simply unsupportable.  In legal papers, the County says, "Simply receiving a directive to proceed in one manner with respect to a police report cannot in and of itself be considered discriminatory."

As we first reported, Mee was ordered to take out all references to Mel's anti-Semitic comments.

As for Mee's other allegations -- that he was "unjustly" denied a promotion, got a negative performance review and was forced to transfer to a less prestigious station --the County claims Mee's religion had nothing to do with it.

Kilmerfan

Whoops sorry about the 3 posts I having email problems (fixed now) and I am keeping an eye on my kitty (who just got fixed at the vet so she is groggy).

realist

@TMZGossip & Anon

First of all, you have the wrong agency. It's LASD, not LAPD. Secondly, his record of poor performance goes back to 1987, if I remember correctly. If that isn't the correct year, his performance record, or the lack thereof, predates 2006 by some 7 or 8 years.

This research was done by V, on one of the previous threads regarding Dep. Mee. So, I'll pull a Leo Durocher. Look it up!

realist

@TMZGossip & Anon

realist

@TMZGossip,

Not buying it. No settlement, no court case. I stand by my source at LASD.

John

I will admit I have said things in my life that were umm racist.
I have learned from my mistakes and one of them is not to cast judgment on people I have no proof they did something.

You want me to think bad of the man then show me the video of him doing this or show me the court case of him being convicted of it.

TMZ can print the story hiding behind a "source" and be ok. They have no proof he did it other than a paid for story by the cop who sold it.

its just that a story...

Mel should have listened to his lawyer

cluetrain

I thought James Mee's 15 minutes of fame were over. Clearly, the fellow is a severe weasel and a prevaricator to boot. Would love to see James serve some hard time.

cluetrain

James Mee gives cops everywhere a bad name. He's an embarrassment to the profession.

John

@Anon Well it wasn't the LAPD it was the LA sheriff and it was also the DA and also zero proof and your a fool who just believes everything sold in the check out isle...

show me proof.. anyone show me video proof this happened.?!?!?
again no paps saw it and a few said they followed them and I guess one tipped the cops off..

no cop car audio
no cop car video and all have it now.. officer should have had it on..

no dispatch recordings meaning when the cops radioing in for a want warrant check etc.. they will even record it if they hear it getting to nuts.

no one likes this cop and no one from the DA to Sheriff to clearly his own union believe him.

again show me proof he said death to jews or whatever.. and even if he did call someone sugar tits who cares..

again where is the proof.. come on show me I am wrong..

cluetrain

Oliver Stone was perfectly sober when he made the following insensitive comments and he was instantly forgiven (barely mentioned by the media):

By contrast, Mel Gibson is still being relentlessly hounded by the media five years later for comments he made while completely drunk. Go figure...

realist

Hi Sam,

I think everyone is in an uproar because we are tired of waiting for the other shoe to drop. TMZ is reporting two or three stories a day, and dividing the patronage. Maybe this is by design? You know how it's been. Posting here, posting there, and back and forth, and it's enough to drive anyone to distraction.

This has been a long haul between charges and investigation, to DA. With each new story, there is a regurgitation of all the previous revelations/facts/postings, and I know I for one have just sort of given up. I only post now to correct inaccuracies.

People want something they can deal with, not speculation, supposition, and assumption. Sgt. Friday said, "Just the facts, Ma'am." And that's where I'm at. If it's not a fact, I don't want to hear it anymore. Except of course, for the cheese curls and the pool bar.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

greenie, I fully intended to start a spread: I finishe dmy psot, reloaded page and then tried to read the page and count the lies reported there: I am so confused!

I really think we should make a list of the lies! But how? How to start.....maybe if we could break the timeline down into parts? I'm not even sure we can do that it's so convoluted!

I bet that this is the way it is inside her head: convoluted, crossed up, like spaghetti on a plate, no begins no ends, just twists and turns and shapeless sauce.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Hi Sam,

Posted at 5:57 PM on Oct 12, 2010 by realist

Yes. It's always like this when there is no news. Thank you for some sane words! I think we can all use them today!

I post solely to show support. Some times it's good fun and good laughs. I think if there was no visible support for Mel it would only work against him.

Of course Harvey spreads it [any tidbits he gets] out to get as many hits as he can. Good for money making I guess.

Danielle

Posted at 5:14 PM on Oct 12, 2010 by Kilmerfan
-------------------
That is good of you too get her fixed, but poor baby, they are so out of it and with little bald bellies. Well, that is if they are a female :-)

realist

Well Sam, No news is good news. This reminds me of the Michael Jackson debacle. I never gave two sh*ts about MJ. sorry, but that's the truth. Nonetheless, I was on the TMZ threads repeatedly, but only to find out the cause of death, because I'm wired that way.

This time around, I am actually posting because I sincerely believe there's a rat in the wood pile somewhere. I'm not a big Mel fan, Lethal Weapon was cool, but haven't seen Braveheart, the Passion, and a few others. Did see Ransom.

This woman, for better or worse, is putting the screws to Mel, and it's just not justified, IMO. He ranted, he spilled his guts, and like Rumplestiltskin, Oksana is trying to turn it into gold.

Legally, he owes her nothing except child support. And this is off subject for this particular story, so maybe I should just stop and post this somewhere else.

However, I was tickled that my "source" was so vehement in the assessment of Dep. Mee. And with no urging at all. Crybaby, whiner. I see the do***ent (haven't read it) is a Demurrer. Know what that means? "If everything you say is true, so what?" What a P**sy!

Leelou

I dont understand why these lawsuits always seems to happen years and years after the events? I never understood that. I always get suspicious of people who file things so long after the incident. Makes me wonder if they just screwed up in their own way and are looking for a way to make some money. Like in this case it makes me wonder if this guy just didnt do well at his job and instead of just taking responsibility, he is figuring he can sue and use his religion to make get a few bucks. I mean, I dont know the whole story but over 3 years? You would have thought if he was being targeted he would have know in pretty quick and not years after. I dont know, just always makes me wonder.