Scott Weiland

Dazed and Confused on Live Radio

10/8/2010 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Scott Weiland did a bizarre interview (even by his standards) you gotta hear ... because the Stone Temple Pilots frontman sounded so bewildered the DJ asked, "Are we drinking today?"

Scott Weiland
Scott was supposed to be promoting tonight's STP show in Tampa during an interview yesterday on 102.5 The Bone.

Instead, it turned into a strange exchange filled with long pauses -- and Scott forgetting he had skipped out on STP's last Tampa concert. All of this prompted the DJ to consider betting Scott $10,000 he would miss tonight's show too.

For the record, Scott said he was totally sober. A source close to Scott claims the DJ ambushed him with a bunch of questions that had not been discussed in a pre-interview.

FlamingoNut

He's dazed, he's confused, so what? The DJ is a ****ing idiot.

Linda

He sounds like hes on something. Hope he gets clean and doesnt stay on that path.

Karen

The DJ of that station is a jerk, I stopped listening because of him. Hopefully Scott was messing with him, I have tix for the show and am looking forward to seeing them.

Steelerchick

He does the best version of "Break on Through" I've ever heard!! Love this guy.

BlowItOutYer...

C'mon people....LISTEN to the interview. As Galvin pointed out, Scott QUICKLY agrees with the delay because it was a way out so he would look like such an a$$. Scott was CLEARLY f'd up.....again.....He will be the next to overdose and DIE because he is nothing but a stupid idiot who took the fame and noteriety (sp?) to alienate himself from everyone else. Sure I like STP and VR as much as the next guy...but he should hang it up and "be done"..............

Kristin

This DJ is great, he's not trying to make best friends with anyone or do some breaking news story. He's just a real guy with no gimics like half of the of the ridiculous people that you hear on the radio these days. Love you Cowhead!

CGS

This guy was jacked. no excuses.

Melissa

This is hilarious. I am so not sorry that I didn't buy tickets to see them tonight in Tampa. He is so obviously drunk/stoned something is wrong with him. He either will not show up, or will be extremely late.

Jim Choquette

Radio gold... Cowhead didnt do or ask anything that a GOOD interviewer wouldnt have asked. Weiland could have made a joke out of missing the last show, and they all would've moved on.

Great job, Cowhead! And I do agree you should have TAKEN the bet. Since you didnt make it... dummy TMZ peeople. I bet it was that dude with the spiky frosted tips.

maria

Anyone ever think that maybe he's not mentally stable because he has Manic Depression which he chooses not to treat. He sounds like he's been Manic and is in a psychosis which is pretty common for people with Bipolar 1 who are not medicated.

Abusement76

If you listen the dj says, "Are we on delay?" Scott doesn't respond presumably becuase he doesn't know if the dj is talking to him or a tech in the studio. Then the dj follows up more directly, "Hello...(Scott: what's that?)DJ:I don't know if your hearing me on a delay, becuase everytime I ask you a question it takes 12 seconds to hear the response, which Scott responds more timely than before. Simple miscommunication.

But again, nice try to all of the haters out there!

Pedro R.

this dude cowhead is a hack and all of the people on his show are hacks as well. where do they get the audacity to publicly mock an artist as brilliant and accomplished as scott weiland? cowhead, et al. could only ever hope to be even one percent as creative and successful as scott weiland in their insignificant petty lives. instead they are congratulating themselves on making an incredibly obvious observation: scott unfortunately has the disease of addiction. cowhead et. al. are shameless opportunistic nobodies. i hope they all get syphilis and die.

Abusement76

Besides the dj just insulted Scott right before the big "delay" issues. Dj: I would have lost $10,000.00 on that bet. Referring to Scott being messed up.

What's the best way to deal with a DJ cracking comments at you than to not respond! The dead air is exactly what they deserved. I wouldn't have responded to that.

Fact of the matter is Scott was emailed a list of questions before the interview that he would be asked. Scott was following the list while the djs weren't. They were too busy prying on why he didn't show up, is he messed up, taking bets on it. I'm sure that was not involved in the pre-interview.

squeakermama

Gosh I sure hate to hear him like this. This guy is SO gifted as a voice and a front man. I sure wish he would just clean up and move on. The guys on the other end sure came off as some jerks which I don't think is any better. At least Scott wasn't a jerk just messed up.

rockjock

That interview sounds like a total fake. Scott is a mess...but that doesn't sound like his voice. I'm not buying it.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments