Joe Jackson -- Back Away from the Oprah!

10/13/2010 2:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Oprah Winfrey's personal space was violated during her visit to the Jackson house last week -- and TMZ has learned the culprit was none other than Papa Joe himself.

0910_media_removed_Spencer_Pratt
Sources close to the Big O tell TMZ Joe was all over the talk show queen when she came over to conduct a sit-down interview with the family at their Encino home.

We're told Joe was tailing Oprah all over the house -- almost like a second shadow -- so Oprah's assistant stepped in and asked the guy to back off.

Joe obliged, we're told -- and kept a polite distance for the rest of the visit.

Personal space -- it's not a joke.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

mia

Joe just wanted to get his paws on the "girls".
He is vile.

ThaTruth

first & foremost oprah, you and your crew were guest in their home. 2nd: what gave you & your (ass)istant the right to just become that down right rude to them in there home. I see, your in need of a reality check....Hermes refusing Oprah, her entry to one of their outlets in Paris...A "Crash" moment...what goes around comes around, no matter how famous you are, or how you remain there....

She did it

How about Joe was making sure Oprah didn't do anything dodgy???? Like say perhaps take photo of inside the house and sell them to TMZ. Stop picking on Joe... stop twisting the story. Oprah was the guest, therefore she has no rights in that house. She is a two faced b*tch.

oprahookie

Come on! I wish someone would step on Oprah and Squash the enormous opinion she has of herself YUCK!!!!!!

Robert

Thank goodness Oprah was bold enough to tell the leech to back away. She moved like Neo on dat ass.

Becky

That slimy old Joe makes me want to puke, with his grubby hands poring over Oprah-I still remember the 2009 VMA's when Joe turned up on the red carpet with a young girl who was only in her 20's. He couldn't keep his hands off her too. He acts like a dirty old pimp, the photos that they had taken together were truly disgusting, he couldn't take his eyes off her over-inflated chest. It was obvious what was on his mind all the time he was with her. At 81 years of age, he still thinks that he's a horny old goat!! YUK!

For everyone else that has said that Joe had a right to follow Oprah around, because it's his home, Joe hasn't lived there for some time now, Katherine threw him out years ago when she found out that Joe had an illegitimate child. He keeps going back now and again-especially when the tv cameras turn up.
#64, I do not believe that Oprah had those pictures taken and then sold them to TMZ, they are not of professional quality, (too grainy) I know that someone in that house is definately doing the dirty on Katherine and the children, look what has happened since PPB went to live there, TMZ has got every detail even since the stun gun incident. I would love to name who I think the culprit is, but I'm sure you have all worked it out for yourselves already.
Katherine needs to rid all the trash from that house NOW, and keep PPB out of the spotlight for a while.

my opinion

If that is true Mr.Jackson should have dismissed Oprah from his home that is extremely rude.

RIP MJ

Love the Jackson's

Let's try LOVE, PEACE and KINDNESS toward one another it makes a better WORLD for us ALL to live

Tanya

Denese

It really surprises me that they would invite Oprah into their home after her interview with Lisa Marie where all they talked about was how weird Michael was and how awful he looked. Oprah asked Lisa Marie point blank what was she thinking when she married him and they sat and laughed at him for the rest of the show. Oprah acted like she disliked Michael intensely.

Diana

Why the hell is Oprah allowed to do any interviews concerning the Jackson's. She a backstabbing pig after the things she said and did to Michael while he was alive. I totally agree with Randy.

Kenya

Ooh, If I was one of Michael's kids and with me as a grown up or the older sister, I would start a big fight up in there with Oprah and Joe Jackson, it will be real ugly, for them betraying my father like that and the two older ones prince and Paris would go ahead and start a fight. I wouldnt want them Jackson family near Prince, paris and blanket they wouldnt stay with them Jackson family and I would find a way to raised them my damn self if i had to and bring back Nanny Grace to help raise the kids. It will be on in that house with Oprah and Joe, I felt that I just want to slap joe with a book right infront of Oprah and her crew. katherine how could you sit there and get those kids out there on Oprah like that after she Batrayed Michael ,oh Idefinity never for got about Martin Brushire interview was a hot mess.

Becky

Good grief, when Oprah visited that Jackson compound, she must have signed up to do the job lot!
First LMP, then Joe & Katherine, now, on November 4th 2010, Jackie Jackson is also appearing on her show. The show is about Teenage Heart Throbs, Oprah tells Jackie that he was her heart throb!! If you want to know who Jackie's heart throb was-you will just have to watch the show.
For 59 years of age Jackie, you sure as hell still look pretty damned hot to me!

juney

Why the Jacksons are allowing Orca into their home after all the trashing of Michael she has done is beyond my ability to imagine. Now, also, I'm seeing Jackie Jackson will be on Orca's show on November 4th. Do these people not know the dreadful trash Orca dissed on Michael both while he was alive and since his death! I know life goes on, but if the Jacksons feel they have to talk to someone, there are plenty of really good interviewers out there, not someone, orca, looking to build ratings for her final (mean) season.

KF

Joe is the boss around his home, maybe he wanted to show her around.....probably in the bedroom..lol

AuntieG

Joseph Jackson may have lacked in social graces and he may not have mourned his son the way the public thought he should . That does not give anybody the right to say he did not care . judge him or measure his pain by the kind of father we see him to have been. In no way am I advocating some of the things he did . but for anyone to take his life's accomplishments redused to beating his children and living off their fame In Michaela own words
My father grew up in the South, in a very poor family. He came of age during the Depression and his own father, who struggled to feed his children, showed little affection towards his family and raised my father and his siblings with an iron fist. Who could have imagined what it was like to grow up a poor black man in the South, robbed of dignity, bereft of hope, struggling to become a man in a world that saw my father as subordinate.
My father moved to Indiana and had a large family of his own, working long hours in the steel mills, work that kills the lungs and humbles the spirit, all to support his family. Is it any wonder that he found it difficult to expose his feelings? Is it any mystery that he hardened his heart, that he raised the emotional ramparts? And most of all, is it any wonder why he pushed his sons so hard to succeed as performers, so that they could be saved from what he knew to be a life of indignity and poverty?
I have begun to see that even my father's harshness was a kind of love, an imperfect love, to be sure, but love nonetheless. He pushed me because he loved me. Because he wanted no man ever to look down at his offspring.
Joe Jackson worked eighty or more hours a week.at two jobs to support his wife and nine children. Even still he could barley afford a house no bigger that a two car garage in a lower income section of Gary Indiana Joseph Jackson kept a roof over his family's head and food in their stomachs.and he gave them a strong since of family. There could be no socializing with the other kids or hanging out after school When 90% of the kids were either in a gang, selling drugs in jail or dead . He kept his children safe and off the streets.That was no easy task. The only way he knew how to do this was to put the fear of God in those children and keep it there . It was Mothers job to provided the love and nurturing.. What would be considered abusive today back then was an acceptable way to discipline a child What ever pain Michael suffered at his fathers hands was nothing compared to the brutality he would have suffered on the street .. . ..When the steel mills closed down fathers abandoned their family's or went to other states for work. Gary Indiana became the fifth most dangerous city in the USA. It is called Murder City The lost childhood Michael Jackson longed for would have been quite different then the one he tried to recreated . There would not have been any amusement park ,train rides ,water slides ,cotton candy , no Peter Pan and no Magic . .The streets would have been his play ground. It was literally a life and death situation and he knew they had to be the best. .For every hour his sons worked he worked two .He went from club to club booking shows and drove the group around negotiated their deals . Joe earned his money being their manager like any other manager would have He never stole or cheated his boys There was no way that Joe or anyone else could have predicted or even imagined the level of success the Jackson 5 would reach. . It became to overwhelming for Joe ,He may have made some bad business deals but By the time MJ was in eight grade he was a millionaire and at 21 a billionaire and and the most famous person on the planet. The problems started when he fired his dad and trusted the wrong people . Michael wanted to pay his dad back for stealing a childhood that did not exist.Joe Jackson had no incomee and he made his dad beg . He publicly humiliated him and his dad never said a bad word about his son it

__________