Liam Neeson's Rep Takes a Shot at 'The Hangover'

10/22/2010 9:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Fun fact -- Liam Neeson's rep is also Mel Gibson's rep ... and judging by the statement he just released about Liam's role in "The Hangover 2" -- there's still some bitterness over the unceremonious Gibson firing.

1022_liam_neeson_Mel_gibson_Getty_TMZ_EX

Moments ago, the rep -- Alan Nierob -- confirmed that Neeson is all locked up to appear in the upcoming sequel ... but added, "Pending clearance of cast and crew background check."

Nierob was clearly kidding ... referencing the behind-the-scenes uprising that led to Mel's departure ... but the message behind his message -- he ain't happy.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

shirleyholmes

second

Curious

Don't blame him for being unhappy.

Still think it's a good thing for Mr. Liam though.

Curious

Good day my dear Holmes :)

moussemaker

How professional.

shirleyholmes

Good afternoon my dear Curious

Boondoggle

I don't see how you get from that that "he ain't happy" about it--sounds to me like someone just poking fun at the situation. I mean, sure, he COULD be angry, but you can't tell that just from a witty comment.

Who'sThat

well, at least his other client got the job...but i am glad he expressed his distaste for the rejection of Mel!

Karen

Good! Mel should pay for his racial rants...who would want to work with such a biggot.

shirleyholmes

That had nothing to do with kidding

He was being sarcastic

Majestik

Witty, or making fun. I wish to send Alan a dozen man flowers just for poking fun.

(waves to ShirleyHolmes)

Tellthetruth59

It's amazing how seriously everyone seems to be taking "20 middle-aged posters/stalkers/loons/crazed fans/Wing Nuts" on TMZ. Many of whom are not middle aged, crazed Gibson fans nor stalkers. Just people that know a bunch of frauds when they see one and aren't going to give it a pass.

shirleyholmes

@ Majestik

Waving back

christy

Good for Alan!

Majestik

Posted at 2:52 PM on Oct 22, 2010 by Tellthetruth59

I'd like to state for the record, I am middle aged, a semi fan of Mel's and neither stalker, loon or wingnut. I'm lucky I have a husband who loves the way I take care of the house, clean, cook and take care of him so I can post when I feel like it on net LOL.

Anon

Tellthetruth, they aren't taking your team seriously. They fired Mel. He's not in their movie. Despite your threats to boycott. So no, they are not taking your little Team Mel seriously.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments