'Bruno'

Accused of Attack at

Gay Rights Demonstration

10/26/2010 8:32 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sacha Baron Cohen is accused of participating in an alleged attack on a gay cameraman at a gay marriage demonstration in Los Angeles back in 2008 ... this according to a lawsuit obtained by TMZ.

1026_sacha_baron_cohen_GETTY_EX

A photog named Mike Skiff -- a gay cameraman who covers "events involving the gay community" -- claims he was at a Prop 8 rally in 2008 when a crew from Cohen's movie "Bruno" arrived on the scene with an intention to "promote violent discord between the assembled 'yes' and 'no' factions."

According to the lawsuit, filed today in L.A. County Superior Court, members of the "Bruno" crew "carried 'Yes on Proposition 8' signs contrived for the sole purpose of inciting and sparking unrest to enhance the dramatic effect of what they may capture for their film."

In the suit, Skiff claims he began to shoot the "Bruno" team when they approached him -- "violently confronting [Skiff] with the threat of being clubbed with wooden signs."  Skiff says the alleged attack was designed to prevent him from filming the event.

Skiff claims he was shoved, pulled and wrestled by  "Bruno"  -- causing serious injury. Skiff has posted video on YouTube of the altercation. Cohen appears around the 5:25 mark.

Skiff is suing for unspecified damages.

a horse with no name

Jagshemash! My name a Borat. I like you. I like sex, it's nice. These are my country of a Kazakhstan.

RD

Every day there is a new story about some lowlife trying to make money off of a celeb...pitiful!!!

Dave

Of course, another bruno lawsuit. Itll just be thrown out

Tammy

What-freaking-ever!

Mike

Anyone surprised to here Sacha is a bully? No, of course not this again is common knowledge. He is a well known bully.

Carl

I'm sure this will go as well as all the other lawsuits against Cohen for "Bruno" and "Borat"

.:Loki4Ever:.

I love my gay friends, but I'm really getting tired of the gay rights crap being crammed down my throat. Ughhh...

Cindy

I hope the production company gets nailed. That Sacha Cohen is pitiful and that was completely ignorant to do that. So glad to see the cops move quickly to shut them down.

1066

Sacha Baron Cohen has always been ridiculously overrated. He's really nothing more than blatant rip-off of Allen Funt.

travcm

Looks like another person trying to cash in. The video shows the alleged assault at around 7 minutes in. Basically, the camera man has his overalls pulled. He ignores this and continues to go for the shot, probably hoping he'll actually get hit and have a reason to file a legitimate claim.

Frivolous lawsuits are getting out of hand. People who file ridiculous suits need to face harsh penalties.

JungleTails com

This story is gay!

Mary

I believe he is outside the statute of limitations. He must file suit within one year of the event.

bagladey

Sacha Baron Cohen seems only to pay for bodyguards and hired muscles and has made millions by pulling stunts like this and not paying for actors, sets, extras, permits, locations etc. etc. This is a legitimate lawsuit and I hope this camera man gets some money from SBC.

Pound Sand

I cannot stand this guy!

tgrfan42069

vote yes on 8 i did..marriage is for man and woman..the people voted but for some reason the goverment didnt listen..sound familar?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments