Quaids' Dog -- Help Is On the Way!

10/26/2010 6:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Doji the doggie is about to escape the clutches of death -- TMZ has learned a friend of Evi and Randy Quaid has contacted the City of Vancouver in an effort to recover the innocent pooch from a shelter in Canada.

Quaids arrested.

As we first reported, Doji was placed in an animal shelter after Evi and Randy were arrested in Canada last week on an outstanding warrant in Santa Barbara ... and under Vancouver law, dogs that go unclaimed after several days for more than a week could be put to sleep.

But a rep for the city of Vancouver tells us they received a call today from someone on behalf of the Quaids who informed them that someone will be "coming to the shelter in the next couple of days to pick up the dog."

Doji seems to be holding up well -- we're told, "The dog is in very good health."

Elizabeth

"Put to sleep"? Don't you mean exterminated?

feebee

Good for Doji

Flip Gunderson

File this under: 'Who the **** cares?' Those deadbeat ****s don't deserve a pot to piss in....and get them the hell out of my country before they waste anymore of our taxpayer dollars

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

This is excellent news! Thanks TMZ for the follow up!

Good all over you, whoever you are!

jenjenboben

"After several days for more than a week"...who's editing your articles? Perez?

Skippy

If Canada has this law then why am I hearing about Kevin Costner "saving dogs" by taking them from shelters here in the US to shelters in Canada?
I also think it's sad that a dog taken because his owners have been picked up would be killed. They should have an exception for something like this, or does Canada not believe in the democratic way of life (innocent until proven guilty).

Cindy

Thank God, honestly, I was really upset by this.

Cindy

Thank God, honestly, I was really upset by this.

Mike Rowave

FREE DOJI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robert

Big break for the dog...both owners put down...

TheMachine1

Cool, I dreamed last night I was homeless and had 3 dogs to take care of(I bet from reading this story the other day).

Rachie

I AM CANADIAN: please believe me when I say that dog WOULD NOT have been put down!! Save you insults about Canada, you WISH you could live in a country this amazing.

MaggieLyn

The spokesman said the dog is in good shape. Well then the dog is doing far better than it's owners!

Sponge

Skippy, don't judge all of Canada by Vancouver's bylaws. Every city has different rules for how long dogs will be held.

Richard1

evidently.... these people have some real mental problems... kinda sad.... always thought he was a good character actor tho...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments