Michael Jackson Song -- Akon Came Back to Finish

11/12/2010 8:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

It's Harvey ... I've just heard Michael Jackson's first single, "Hold My Hand" -- not the one that leaked a few years ago, but the one Sony is about to release. First of all, it's great -- slower than a lot of MJ's songs.

1112_micahel-jackson-album-art-ex

Our sources say Akon recently came back to the studio to lay down more vocals and really put the finishing touches on it. It sounds more produced than the "Breaking News" song that was put online this week.

It's a classic, Akon-type song and it seems like Michael takes on Akon's style. His voice fluctuates like Akon's and there's a similar tonal quality.

As for "Breaking News," I just heard the finished version. It's more produced than the one Sony put online and sounds more classic MJ.

This is going to be a huge album.

1108_remembering_michael_jackson_footer

l

just listened to keep your head up. towards the end of the song is really good. very michaely :) i miss him:(

alice

This album is going to be so good. It's Michael on Breaking News for any who still doubt it.

??

Harvey until listening to you recently I never realized how deep your love affair was. I only thought Mike was that infatuated with this dead icon. But it seems you both have it bad.

marcia

I'm really looking foward to this album & all the others to come. I'm more than ready for some new stuff from MJ. Yes it's unfortunate that Sony has a hand in it, however I'm going to enjoy every little bit of MJ I can get in whatever way I can get him. I think I'll buy 2 copies of the cd (One to always have a in the car and the other for the house).

Barb.A.

Phantom of the Opera, this is the first time I heard this song, LOL, I thought I had heard all them but somehow I missed this one. I really like it.

ohreally

My Breaking News remix ****s all over this crap they're putting out

Siggisis

Michael is dead, leave him alone. He was brilliant. Let that stand He is not here anymore to decide.
Harvey, leave Michael alone. I don´t care what sony is paying you. Your judgement sucks.

MiMi

TMZ's really plugging this new album.

Would it have something to do with why I see Sony at the top of their home page?

LoL

Siggisis

This is going to be a huge album.

No it´s not. Michael is dead an you are picking at his bones. Sony thought "it" could fool us into buying.
We won´t. Michael Jackson died, the ARTIST died. Forget the money.

Audie

I'm so excited about this new music.
MJ is going to continue to break records!!!
I miss you Michael!!! You are so deeply missed by millions all over the world

Siggisis

BADLY PRODUCED. not WORTHY of Michael Jackson who always gave HIS BEST.

Picking bones.

MiMi

Siggi

I do agree with Harvey that this album will probably be a huge hit. BUT, it is those who are so desperate to hear something new that will purchase it.

At first I was excited about the new songs, but then I realized that there is no way Michael would want anyone messin with his music. So now they are reworking Hold My Hand. Why couldn't they have just used the original version? I liked it and I know that it is really Mikey singing on that track!

And as far as this song with 50cent. It's another Casio song. Is Sony going to tell me that 50 went to New Jersey in 2007 and recorded this song with Michael???

Yeah probably....