Will.i.am -- New MJ Album 'Disrespectful' to Michael

11/13/2010 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Black Eyed Peas front man Will.i.am wants no part of the new Michael Jackson album -- because he feels the entire thing goes against everything Michael stood for.

1113_will_i_am_Michael_jackson_REG
Will.i.am tells EW, "Whoever put it out and is profiting off of it, I want to see how cold they are ... He just wasn't any ordinary artist. He was a hands-on person. To me it's disrespectful. There's no honoring."

His biggest issue, it seems, is using unfinished MJ tracks -- something he feels the King of Pop never would have stood for: "Michael Jackson songs are finished when Michael says they’re finished ... Maybe if I never worked with him I wouldn’t have this perspective. He was very particular about how he wanted his vocals, the reverb he used ... he was that hands-on."

It's worth noting ... the album is put out by Sony, through Michael's estate. So Michael's kids are the ones who stand to make money off this.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

LJ

Ok TMZ. Sony will be making money too you know.

Roseilicious

Tad confusing. There are tracks that MJ gave (sold) the rights to Sony to produce... others he specifically left for PPB, and ONLY PPB.

Which are which?

Roseilicious

IOW, how do we know which songs being released are in violation of PPB, and which are not?

I agree with Will.i.am ... but, this would be far easier a call to make as to feeling what's right about purchasing MJ's posthumous music if we could KNOW "which is which". So until then, I personally don't want to take the chance that whatever I would be buying would be FEEDING the violation of MJ's legacy to PPB's, by finding out later (opened CD's are non-refundable) that by purchasing I had contributed to the violation and exploitation of PPB.

Personally... I'm waiting it out, til I KNOW. If that means waiting until PPB reach their age(s) of majority, and THEN decide themselves to release their father's tracks, then so be it.

Roseilicious

Footnote: This isn't about "... the album is put out by Sony, through Michael's estate. So Michael's kids are the ones who stand to make money off this."

It's as Will.i.am says, and with which I agree: This issue is about H-O-N-O-R.

Done.

Have a good weekend, all.

kate1

I'm with Will.i.am!

b

Who is will Iam?

Cookie

His children would not want this blood money. They loved and respected their father, not like $ony.

Celebrities Suck

maybe this here is the answer. Michael Jackson 06/15/2002 - Sony Music Speech click here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=835XSTScxUw

mjfactcheck

Will.I.am is only saying this cuz Michael didn't actually produce any tracks with him.... they rented the studio for three months, for nothing!!!
Same like 3T... jealous, jealous......cuz Michael recorded with the Cascios and Porte and not with them...
The cascio tracks are the only real michael songs, as he recorded them, when he was out of contract with sony.... this is the real MJ.....

FrankKenStein

Mike Jackson and Gary Coleman RIP

Siggisis

I so agree with Will.i.am.
If only Sony would put some money into the production and find the top notch people to carry it out, I would buy the album. But what I´ve heard so far, Sony produces it in a CHEAP way. Cheap, ugly cover, cheap production.
Michael NEVER cut corners and I am sure he wouldn´t have wanted it out in this shabby shape. Sony is destroying Michael´s unmatched legacy. It isn´t fair.

Jackie

It is amazing, apalling, and completely disgusting what people..on all sides...are doing to MJ and his legacy. Will.i.am is right.

Sylvia Thomas

He said this before...in August. But MJ's kids will get the benefit, so I don't think it's that bad.

This was interesting on the same topic:

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments