« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Tony Parker's Lawyer Blindsides Eva Longoria

11/22/2010 10:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Eva Longoria and Tony Parker both want their divorce to go smoothly, but Tony's sudden move Friday to file his own divorce papers angered Eva and complicated the process.

1118-eva-longoria-tony-parker-tmz-ex
TMZ broke the story ... Tony filed his own divorce papers in Texas, just days after Eva filed in California. Sources tell us Eva's side had absolutely no idea Tony's lawyer filed the docs -- and, we're told, Eva was "very upset" when she found out.

According to our sources, both Tony and Eva want their prenup enforced. But when Eva's lawyer filed the divorce papers, the attorney checked the box that reserved Eva's right to collect spousal support -- something we're told is inconsistent with their prenup.

Sources say ... since Tony's lawyer felt Eva's divorce papers left open the possibility she would challenge the prenup, he wanted to protect his client by filing in Texas, which several experts tell us could be beneficial to Tony in terms of enforcing the prenup.

In the end, sources connected with the couple tell us Eva and Tony are in sync -- all was calm on Sunday -- but right now there are two divorce petitions in two states, and someone's gotta give.

Stay tuned ..

1117_eva_tony_parker_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

say what?

Uh..she filed for divorce first and got upset that he filed too? What am I missing?

TMZ@Froggy.biz

Eva the control-bitch!

devon

tony is butt fugly! thankfully for him he has high status which will always get him *****.

Dime

i live in san antonio,tx and i think the only reason he filed here is because tx is a no alimony state, so she wouldnt get his money. smart guy lol

Jackie

Wow!!....So she got upset cause Tony filled for divorce?!...lmao....what goes around comes around. Eva you fill for divorce, so can Tony. Deal with it.

EQUALITY IS WHAT I BELIEVE IN.

Zambonie

I bet she is one of the most high maintenance women in the world

Screwed Planet

Give her hell Tony.

Editor
screwedplanet.com

Tony

She has every right to be mad. When one person files, the other is supposed to respond to that filing, not file their own. It complicates the whole process. I would be pissed if I were her.

writenow

This is where judges get in a pissing contest. Point goes to Tony.

writenow

Eva's from Texas so she knows it's crazy there.
Earlier this year a retired Houston shrink, flew to Orange County and killed her lawyer daughter, and her own two grand-daughters, due to a custody flap in Orange County.

and of course Texas legislators are Famous for not paying their obligations.

IRNTX

Of course she's upset. She wants spousal support, right? Texas is not a community property state and has some of the most restrictive spousal support eligbility requirements.
~ Married more than 10 years or Spouse cannot obtain employment or Spouse has special-needs children preventing employment or Spouse has no assets or ... more than a dozen of them and she doesn't seem to meet any of them. It's also limited to a max of $2500/mth!

Lisa

I just read the Bristish newspapers this morning, and there is a British teenager claiming that Tony Parker sent pursued her and sent texts to her, including a half naked pic of himself. She is just realizing that is Eva Longoria's husband. She didn't even know up to now. Something tells me that Eva knew he was a playboy, even before they got married. I'm sure she thought she could change him or marriage will.

Joe

Give her hell, Tony.
That tiny rat looking girl from Texas is average at best in teh looks department. Coupled w her Godzilla sized ego, she must be one high maintainence bitch to deal with.
And LMAO at Tony blocking her lame layup aka filing for divorce first.

MArcoInAmerica

She has got to be all kind of B i t c h.
One man's treasure is another man's trash.
Like my friend said, "Somewhere, someone's tired of tappin' that."
Kids, I hope this helps you all realize looks aren't everything.

Kelly

If Tiger Woods can be "forgiven" for what he did, Tony should be too. I'm not saying I would forgive, I would just say F them and move on.

Neither should go after the other's money. You shouldn't get paid monthly just because you don't love each other anymore!!

This will probably make Tony a bigger star than he ever dreamed he'd be in all honesty. I never heard of him before he married Eva, not really. I'm more of a college football fan though.

They always looked mis-matched to me. Like oil and water apparently. There was always so much PDA that it seemed forced, ya know?! It didn't seem legitimate. Oh well, they aren't the 1st and surely not the last! Stay Tuned...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments