George Lopez' Wife

Files For Divorce

11/23/2010 9:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

George Lopez' wife has filed for divorce ... TMZ has learned.

George and Ann Lopez DivorceTMZ first reported the couple's intention to call it quits.  Now Ann Lopez has filed legal docs to make it official.

According to the divorce petition, filed today in L.A. County Superior Court by disso-queen Laura Wasser, Ann cites "irreconcilable differences."

Ann is asking for spousal support and primary physical custody of their 14-year-old daughter.

We're told there is no prenup.

The couple has been married for 17 years.

w

# 57 FTW ^5 Telma!!, couldnt of said it better myself!!!

SoThere

Take him to the cleaners honey. You deserve so much better.

Dave

Such a cute couple. . .what a shame

Bubbles The Chimp

I assumed this divorce wasn't because of cheating spouses. Look at them. Who would bang any of them on the side. Yuk. George should give his wife her kidney back now.

Cherry12089

#99 actually it was. G-lo did

Sag10

Sadly, the moment they get rich the faster they forget who they are.

Lori

I have watched the show maybe 4 times tops. The first time it aired...a couple in between and one just a couple of weeks ago...the man looked as if his eyes were so glassy and his speech was so halting that he had to be high. He could not even get through the monologue and there were very few laughs.

I would say his wife has probably kept him alive in more ways than one (Kidney being one) and he is now partaking in all the substances he wants...sad really.

Gloria

George is in a major crisis. He really has changed and so has his comedy. He used to be funny but now he is just crass and mean spirited. I went to his stand up show recently and he was so full of himself, arrogant and angry. Especially toward women. He really bashes women now. I don't think I will ever pay to see him again. Not funny and I felt really down after his show. I can see how his marriage fell apart .....this man has changed. His wife is a wonderful, selfless woman who has stood by him since the beginning when he had nothing. I hope Ann finds the happiness she deserves. She doesn't deserve to be with this angry, ungrateful SOB.

gerry

He's probably sooooo happy, he can now go out and get a hot chick.

Sarafina

WHO cares if she's "ugly"? The woman has been there through thick and thin, in sickness and in health (literally), gave birth to his child, etc. She deserves what she's asking for.

pomoc

So mush for honnor she saves his life then gets no loyalty ,what an ungreatfull ass hole.

210Patriot

Loser!!

Raejean

I don't think either of them should win any awards for their looks, but it seems she's been around a lot longer than what passes for his show-biz career. So she can't be accused of gold digging.

She should get half of anything he has, which probably won't be much. She already gave him half of her kidneys, a daughter, and a good chunk of her life.

boho

I will not be watching his show ever again.

If it were not for his wife, he would be "NO WHERE". literally....six feet under and no career.

I think he needs to give her 3/4 of everything for the rest of her life, and if she EVER NEEDS A KIDNEY TAKE HIS BACK, and 1/2 of whatever he makes in the future.

cindy

thats what i say.......give me my damn kidney back, you dirty dog