Willie Nelson

Busted for Pot

11/26/2010 5:47 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Music legend Willie Nelson was arrested this morning for allegedly possessing six ounces of marijuana.

1126_willie_nelson_GETTY_BN
Nelson was busted at 9:00 AM at a Border Patrol checkpoint in Sierra Blanca, TX. Nelson was in his tour bus, traveling from California to Austin, when he was detained.

He was booked into the Hudspeth County Jail on a $2,500 bond and posted shortly thereafter.

See also

big chief

Seriously? Can't catch the millions of illegal mexicans? But you sniffed out Willie? Really...Get a life! What? Catching thoses fast ass mexicans is too hard? Don't want'ya to break a sweat!

Posted at 5:36 PM on Nov 26, 2010 by Nursey
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I agree 100%. Leave Willie alone. But, if you have ever met Willie in person, he is a vicious, mean SOB towards his fans.

LCMc

Wish the government would focus on the real problems the US has and leave poor Willie alone.

crystle

Everyone knows Willie smokes- that's probably why the cops busted him! They should leave the poor old man alone. He isn't harming a soul and he probably has some ailments that could benefit from a purely natural plant that has medicinal properties.

dale mayfield

OH thats a surprise. Next thing you'll be telling us he's in major tax trouble. Nelson busted for pot is like being busted for speeding.

mandeline28

Free Willie! Leave poor Willie alone!

b626

this just pisses me off
got better things to do?

tinapost

Knowing our law enforcement is out getting these career criminals like willie makes me feel safe to sleep with my doors unlocked...OMG leave Willie alone he isnt hurting anyone.

Karma

yea make an example of his man before he ruins his life?! WTF?...you dillweeds...may have stopped him but ol boy still got smoked up in the whitehouse!! FREE WILLIE!

Lauren_ATX_Native

WOW!

That cop is an ass! Who wants to be "the guy who busted willie for weed"?? Ha wow crazy and what a waste of time and MY tax money!!! put some REAL criminals in jail, like the sex offenders around my block checking out kids! or how about that sicko who has 3 DWI's on his record???!!

as for the "illegal alien" comments.....
mexican, is not the only illegal race in this country. Or the only race smuggling in drugs...

FREE WILLIE NELSON!!!!

susan

my god...leave the guy alone....for smoking pot "can you imagine what a danger that is" !!!!!!!!!!!! unbelievable...meanwhile the real criminals are out and about everyday screwing up peoples lives while we spend time and manpower jailing people like Willie.

Monica

I think Willie is trying to make a statement, we are all mad, just trying to smoke but we can't just let it all fall behind! I can't believe they actually threw him in jail man! We all know not to go around traveling with that much weed but I mean why not if you need to!

azlee

willy, as much as I don't get into this stuff, you are like the last of your kind. Ride'em cowboy, don't let them get you down.

You know the rest of the lyrics.

Sammyrea2010

That’s great to hear! Please let us know what you think of it. I am greatly enjoying it, myself.

Thanks for the update.

scott

protecting the community from willie in the back of his tour bus!!
what a waste of time and money

scott

He's not bothering anybody and some prick cop had to **** with him. They wonder why the public hates them. They dont WANT to help anybody... just arrest you! Trust me i live in SC i know!