Britney Spears' Official Statement: The Tape Is Bogus

12/1/2010 7:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Britney Spears' rep just gave TMZ a statement, which calls the audio recording posting online "so obviously fake as to be laughable."

Britney Spears Jason Trawick

The statement we received goes on: "Suffice it to say, Jason Trawick has never laid a hand on Britney."

And the rep lashes out, "This is just another example of the irresponsible nature of the tabloid media relying on shoddy sources and false information for the sole purpose of selling magazines, without regard to the truth and without regard to who they hurt in the process." The rep says Star was informed that the story was bogus in advance, but still published it.

The rep adds that "The statements attributed to Jason Alexander are a complete fabrication as Britney has not had any form of communication with Mr. Alexander in years."

And, the rep says, "These irresponsible statements are defamatory and Britney Spears' legal team will be taking legal action against all of the appropriate parties."

Jim in Cali

Well this should get interesting.

texasknight1

WOW team britney sounds more like fortress spears to me.

well then rep from team britney.. why not just file a major lawsuit against STAR? instead of posting this and that.. you're sounding like a white house press secretary..

britney needs to be free and fire all her "peoples"

Bippy

That tape is bogus - just like the color of my hair!!

Joao

I've always considered TMZ as being a quasi-tabloid, but with quasi-integrity. But publishing an unsubstantiated story, and keeping in on your site after learning that it's bogus has reduced you guys to the likes of the National Enquirer, and the rest of the low-brow tabloids.

Jim in Cali

I don't know what to believe so I'll wait for Wikileaks to leak there side.

Edward

OMG!! what these low lifes wont do to get some press. Brit and Kim KarTrashian should beat each other up. So sick of the "look at me crowd." Just to think that several years ago, Prince William had a crush on Brit. If she would have played her cards right, she could be the future Queen of England, instead of a washed up Nut case.

Megan

Omg I can't even explain how much this angers me! So first of all, does everyone forget that Jason Alexander is the jerk who got her to marry him in Vegas?? He's just looking for more time in the spotlight. After that whole thing, he sold his story to tabloids on their night together & all that. And now he's trying to ......claim that she called him to complain about her boyfriend hitting her???They probably don't even talk anymore! Its people like this who were in her life that made her go crazy. Now, she's helathy again, still successful & happy again with Jason Trawick, Alexander is just a jealous fool whose trying to be relative again. I listened to the tapes- and trust me, I know my Britney...its sooo not her!!!! I just hope she can laugh at this, and it won't affect her in any negative way at all. Or else, I may need to do some Jason Alexander hunting ;o)
Thank god TMZ is there to tell the truth!

SayWhat

okscammer griftervia has made the manufacturing and selling of fake audio tapes to 3rd rate websites a regular practice for those looking to make a quick buck.

In the Know

This is SO SO SO sad. Perhaps what was meant for evil can be worked for good? Open your eyes, people! The Illuminati control Britney Spears and the entire Industry period. Hard to believe? This fact is hiding in plain sight. Don't believe me? They have already openly told the world:

(singing)

"Dear God, I wonder can you save me?" [Snoop Dogg]

"Illuminati want my mind, soul, and my body..." [Prodigy]

"Dear God, I wonder can you save me?"

"Secret society, tryin' to keep they eye on me..." [Prodigy]

"Dear God, I wonder can you save me?"

"Illuminati want my mind, soul, and my body..."

"Dear God, I wonder can you save me?"

Cartman

Just leave Britney alone!

kickaboo

Stop AMI.

kickaboo

AMI...owner of ROL, Star, NE, Globe, etc.

kickaboo

Desperate to turn a profit, nasty tabloids of AMI will do anything to make money.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

I hope you sue the Star into non-existant Britney! get 'em!

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

AMI...owner of ROL, Star, NE, Globe, etc.

Posted at 3:11 PM on Dec 1, 2010 by kickaboo

Well good, now Britney and Mel (and I'm sure there are many others) can get a class action suit lined up.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments