Christy Martin: Husband Shot Me over Lesbian Affair

12/1/2010 5:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

World champion female boxer Christy Martin told cops her husband shot and stabbed her last week after she told him she was ending their relationship for another woman.

Christy Martin Lesbian Affair

According to the Sheriff's report, obtained by TMZ, Christy told officers she had been staying in a hotel for a few days before the incident ... and had gone home to tell her husband James Martin that she was leaving him for a woman named Sherry.

Christy told officers ... "James was very upset about this and has been threatening to ruin Christy's career and name for a long time." Christy claims James had also threatened to release "incriminating videos of her over YouTube."

Christy claims James shot and stabbed her after she broke the news -- but she managed to escape and flag down help.

James was arrested yesterday ... after he allegedly stabbed himself.

Christy is still recovering from her wounds.

Sad sad

Kind of figured something like that. I'm starting to think breaking up via text message is a great idea now.

TMZ dont like me

You mean, dude didn't already know she liked women, before they got married?!? I mean, it's not like it's hard to come to that conclusion, just by looking at her...

zima

oh then i guess it was o.k??? geez

Jim in Cali

Crazy people in this world.

jeff

It's hard to believe that a female boxer could be a lesbian.
Shocking stuff

Ray In PV

Like Chris Rock would say, "I'm not saying what he did was right... but I understand."

uma

You had it coming sister. You told him about the woman just to rub it in his face, he would've killed you.

knickfan212

He had to know she liked women. She looks like a man. Why would you want a woman that boxes for a living? She looks like she been playing hockey.

SallyChi

I don't get these women who don't know they're lesbian until after they get married.

Violette-Blue

Why can't men handle rejection? Lately there have been some articles in the newspaper about women who want to break up with their boyfriends/husbands the guys turn around and kill them. Seriously, get a grip on life people. It's not that bad. Just move on with your lives.

george clooney

And to think CHAZ missed out on this dyke

TMZ dont like me

....Now, on the other hand, if I was Laila Ali's husband and she told me she was leaving me for another woman, I'd go all-out O.J. on her and commit seppuku, immediately afterwards.

ralph

"for another woman."

Would be "for a woman" since the husband is not a woman.

Modern life poses challenges never seen before.

CC

At least she wasn't leaving him for a donkey. Homosexuality is almost as bad but her husband should have been thankful she wasn't looking for a longer shlong. Heck, maybe the donkey is her next step when she leaves her homosexual partner!

Carl

CC,

Your comment sounds you are projecting some personal fantasy on her.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments