Joe Jackson Compromises Wrongful Death Claim

12/2/2010 5:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Joe Jackson may have just dug himself a hole to China during a TV appearance in Brazil ... by telling the host Michael Jackson "never supported me."

During the interview on "Hoje em Dia," the interviewer incorrectly said, "According to TMZ, you were being supported by Michael."  Joe responded, "No, he never supported me."

The statement flies in the face of his claim in the Michael Jackson Estate case ... that Michael did indeed support him -- which is why Joe asked for an allowance.

Even more serious for Joe, by admitting MJ never supported him, it could severely compromise his wrongful death lawsuit against Dr. Conrad Murray.  Joe's statement could severely limit his monetary claim, because now he can't show he lost money when Michael died.

TMZ previously reported, Michael didn't support his dad, but he gave Katherine $50,000 - $66,000 a month ... and she would then use that money to pay for Joe's living expenses

Michael also cut Joe out of his will.

JLS

With regard to the wrongful death lawsuit, you don't only consider monetary damages. Certainly with two on staff lawyers, TMZ is aware of this. There is also loss of companionship and it's clear he can't see or share company with Michael any longer. Both are strong considerations when assessing loss of any family member.

As far as Michael supporting him, I think he means indirectly through Katherine as a middle person. Was he supporting Joe? Yes, in a fashion and therefore, both answers would be correct. I'd bet Katherine will substantiate that Micheal gave her money intended for Joe but passed it through her to monitor.

TMZ better call out the lawyers on a post such as this.

Donna

Joe likely believes he was not being supported but paid for his working part in Michael’s success and Michael Jackson would have taken care of his retired aging father.

JLS

VERY good point. Michael Jackson would have definitely supported his aging father. I think he'd give Katherine extra money with that in mind. He wasn't expecting to die.

bstill

Uh ya see now, Uh ya see now, Uh ya see now? Oh, ya don't see now? There's nothin to see Joe - your full of sh*t.

bstill

If anybody here is old enough to remember the Saturday morning cartoon called "Cosbies Kids" you'd have to admit Joe Jackson would have fit right in. What a Buffoon.

Jackie

What a douche bag...Ugh!!...This dude can't let his son rest in peace without bringing up ****.

mjuls

In reply to: Roseilicious and Sofi, et al.

--------------------

A quick note to let you know I have posted my replies to your queries in the KATHERINE JACKSON’S SECRET CONTRACT thread (you can find them here: http://bit.ly/dJoo5W ) I apologize for the delayed response.

Be well all,

Mjuls, Esq.

**DISCLAIMER: The information expressed is not intended to substitute for professional legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. You should accept legal advice only from a licensed legal professional with whom you have an attorney-client relationship.

As a matter of record I state I am in no way affiliated with the Estate of Michael Jackson.

mjuls

TMZ better call out the lawyers on a post such as this.

Posted at 12:46 AM on Dec 2, 2010 by JLS

----------------------

You are correct when it comes to wrongful death there are other non-monetary components including suffering and mental anguish and loss of companionship. None of which apply to Joseph Jackson. He simply does not meet the criteria for standing required by law.

Be well,

Mjuls, Esq.

Rachel Rothechild

Mama jackson asked for money and she got it. The releases of Beatles, and any thing that has to do with Micheal Jackson the icon she gets a portion how much that is not the point.

Joe Jackson speaks of compromise. How can can he compromise with himself.

I will never stop saying this because I truly beleive it. Micheal Jackson is dead because he is worth more dead.

Roseilicious

Ok, I get it already. Got it a WHILE back, m'k. Expecting a surprise in ANYthing going right in these wrongful death suit(s) - meaning RIGHT FOR Justice for MJ - is an exercise in futility.

As to JJ - his unmitigated stupidity has forever been glaringly obvious and spectacularly ridiculous, so is his stance that MJ will forever be paying for it - dead, or alive - whether MJ had agreed to, or not (obviously, NOT) - such is the self proclaimed 'privilege' of 'papa joe'.

Not bright enough to be embarrassed of himself, let alone bright enough to get out of his own way, but since when does one need to be an intellectual to qualify for unhinged greed, right. THAT he's got down pat. lol

OLD, old news.

**yawn**

Next.

Roseilicious

Oh, good morning Mjuls.

Didn't see you had posted until after posting my own ....

On my way now to the 'KJ' thread as perhaps you've had a chance to get there before me also. (which would be simple this week. lol)

G'Day.

izilda

TMZ mind, I'm Brazilian, I watched all the interviews and
journalists not asked this question to Joe

kate1

But ... regardless of Joe, how do we really know the true will of MJ? Why insist on denigrating all actions of the Jackson family, especially Joe, and why the media does not question the veracity of the will, since many people who are present there do not correspond with the actions and decisions of MJ in recent years of your life? Why?

kate1

But ... regardless of Joe, as we know, really, that the will of MJ's real? Why does the media insist on "denigrating" all actions of the Jackson family, especially Joe, and why it does not question the veracity of the will, since many people who are present there do not correspond with the actions and decisions of MJ in recent years of your life? Why?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments