Bernie Madoff's Son Found Dead of Apparent Suicide

12/11/2010 11:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Mark Madoff -- son of incarcerated former stock broker Bernie Madoff -- was found dead in his apartment in Manhattan early Saturday morning of an apparent suicide.

Mark Madoff Death -- Bernie Madoff Son
Madoff was found hanging in his SoHo apartment by his father-in-law. His 2-year-old child was also in the apartment at the time.

Mark Madoff, 46, was investigated -- along with his brother Andrew -- as part of his father's Ponzi scheme, but never faced any criminal charges.

An attorney for Mark Madoff released a statement saying, "This is a terrible and unnecessary tragedy. Mark was an innocent victim of his father's monstrous crime who succumbed to two years of unrelenting pressure from false accusations and innuendo."

Today marks the two-year anniversary of Bernie Madoff's arrest.

ralph

The trustee handling the claims of the victims also named Madoff's grandchildren (the deceased's children) in the claim. The reason is because Madoff transferred funds to trusts for them while the scam was ongoing.

ANNE

Greed is a sin and KARMA is Bitch BM.

Maureen

One down...MANY more to go!!!

Who the hell cares? I certainly DON'T! He did the world a favor! I only wished he'd of taken that CROOK, BITCHY,UGLY mother with him! I only hope the remaining brother and the rest GO SOON!!!

They will ALL burn in hell!!!

Bippy

The sins of the father shall be visited upon the son.

sky

There IS a Santa Claus !

dd

@TREASURE I knew it was the son that turned him in...Thanks!! He suffered enough because of his dad..Thank him for ending the fiasco his dad was running.

Mee

Hit

bring back recent posts

I was just looking at the above picture of Bernie, and thinking to myself how he has no lips, can u imagine NOW?????????? hahaha..

random

I have a 28 month old son and when he was two years old - he was and still is very very aware of what is going on in front of him!

This poor little boy will be haunted for life. They need to put him in art therapy right away.

God bless you little man and I pray that your life brings you ahead of this pain.

AQ

If only all criminals would follow this example - only do it in less than two years. As for his kids - sorry but they are probably far better off without a criminal in their lives.

squeakermama

I don't know why but it always freaks me out to see so many people being so mean with their comments but I suppose it would be a different story if had to be said face to face. Cowards.

lili

No one knows how little or how much he knew. Regardless of anything, that he chose to take his life is tragic, and it is sad that he had to deal with the humiliation, the stress, the consequences of his Dad's actions.

This is a tragedy.

RIP.

How disheartening to see people so quickly judge that which they know not.

bring back recent posts

RANDOM...the lil guy was asleep in adjoining bedroom..THANKGOD!!...lucky he didn't wake up earlier like many lil tykes do..

brianna

nicccce. u laughing now bernie?

random

Thank you bring back recent posts! :)

Not that alleviates the sadness but at least it does make me feel a lot better that he was not a witness of such a selfish demise.